A Digi Probe Thermometer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have a good / quick response-time digi probe thermometer, for finding cold spots in radiators, balancing rads, testing if stat are cutting out at correct set temps, etc?? Are there any good ones out there?

I am guessing a good one is not cheap?

Sponsored Links
Ha! I like that one!

No basically though I had one a while ago which took ages to stabilize and reach a temp reading, and then it kept flickering - so I wasn't sure if it was even very accuarte!!!

Any recommendations would be great??

I only use mine for spot checks on rads, for which it works great.
I think it is an Anton, probably about 60 quid these days, and takes about 1 sec to stabilise.

Bear in mind that none of them work on chrome or other shiny surfaces, nor on pipes unless really big.
For pipes, you really want a clamp and a "normal" thermometer that takes k-type probes. Dual input can be quite handy if you are looking for differentials.

Sponsored Links
What type of thermometer/types would you recommend for testing rad surface temps (for cold spots from sludge build up, etc), pipe temps (fofr balancing purposes/to test for sludge etc) and for checking pipe temps to see if stats are operating correctly??

rad surface is easiest with i.r.
pipes always a clamp
I, personally, don't use a thermometer to check working of ntc's.
If they are really suspect, disconnect them and measure resistance at 3 points with 20K between them.
If the curve looks anything like the diagram, good enough. If they are kaput, they will be way off.

ok so an infra red for rad surface temps and clamp on theremom's for rad pipe temps! hmmmmmm any recommendations?? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back