a little advise regards laying vinyl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have placed an order for my vinyl today leolan mastergrip rimboo just a quick question regards how its secured down. im not fitting it myself and am looking for a pro to do the job. however i have asked a few pros and am getting different answers regards how its secured down. one shop said this vinyl needs a special adhesive as it a whitish sort of vinyl. another fitter said any adhesives shud be fine. so i rang the shop where i purchased it from which are based far away so they wont be able to fit, they advised the size i have bought shouldnt need to be adhesived down it just needs to be sealed around the edges. she explained you only need to adhesive if area over 15m mines is 8.4 so its not really nessesary. but if you want you can secure with adhesive. she also explained if you do have it ahesived down if you need to ever lift it up you wont be able to or find it very difficult. so i though i would ask for your opinions

Sponsored Links
there are no rules regarding diy fitting of flooring!!

SO - if you are getting a fitter in - leave it to him!

BUT - if you are fitting it your self good luck its harder than carpet best way is to make an accurate template first (not the way a fitter would do it) - use cardboard or stiff paper then overlay it on your vinyl and cut - simples!

you do not even need to seal around the edge if you do not want to

by the way a fitter would want around £25 to fit it for you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back