Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering what I would do about a uneven plywood overboard would I be able to use self leveling compound ontop of the ply wood overboard.

Would the adhesive stick I assume yes if it says it it will stick to concrete but...

Could I just lay the vinyl straight onto the compound or would I need another layer of ply I assume I could just go floorboards, ply, compound then vinyl?

its for vinyl sheet? some advise says you can nail screw into some type some say it will burst some say fine just use plugs?

Wouldn't glueing it down then screwing it also cause it to brake and then telegraph through?

Any advise would be appreciated again couldn't I just put the compound straight on the ply then lay the vinyl Id assume it would stick as its concrete right.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Flooring grade ply can have self levelling laid on top.

Floorboards, Ply, Self Levelling, Sheet Vinyl.

Nail or screw is fine.

Sheet Vinyl does not need fully sticking down, perimiter fix with a Vinyl safe spray adhesive on two adjoining sides will be more than enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back