a little advise regards plaster around cuboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi upstairs in the hallway i have a storeroom which has one door and 2 little doors at the top. the storeroom goes from the floor to the celing. on the left hand side of cuboard there will be architrtave going on between the frame and plaster there will also be one on the right and i will also use an architrave at the top . the problem is on the right hand side of cuboard there is just a wooden frame about 10 cm in lenth and floor to celing in height. the wood ends on the right hand side and it meets a wall which is plastered. the wooden frame had plaster on it but is was bumpy i think it was plasttered on paper. i have removed the long strip of plaster on the right hand side of cuboard but am left with a flat wood suraface with plaster on the right hand edge which is a wall what can i do??? the trave will cover most of it but i want it like it was before but straight. am i right in saying cant plaster it becaqsue its wood??? any tips or advise would be great if needed i can post pics thanks again

Sponsored Links
also i herd you cant really plaster on wood. just out of curiosity i have a wooden corner (corner bead i think they are called it sit on the corners) on the stairs how do they plaster on that. its rounded at the mo on the corners can i get it a 90 dedree corner rather than a rounded one. i dont think i can be changed as it rests between the stair and celing on the backside of the storecuboard

If you can show us a picture, it would help greatly regarding the cupboard.

With a bit of work, a rounded wooden bead corner, can be made into a perfect 90% plastered corner, using pva, bonding coat, hessian scrim and a thin coat bead.

Roughcaster.

yes, picture says a thousand words!

you are right in saying you can't plaster onto wood, there will be a fix for this but without seeing it i can't say what's best for you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back