To DIY or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Quick background:

I built a cupboard (wood frame and doors) into the alcove next to a chimney in my bedroom. In doing so (and removing a strange door frame which was embedded in the existing plaster) quite a bit of the old plaster came loose revealing a big hole through to the very old plaster boards behind.

The back and left hand (chimney side) wall of the cupboard is brick while the right hand wall is just a hollow wall joining to another bedroom.

Basically I would like to replaster the whole inside of the cupboard (approx 60cm deep, 90cm width, height of around 250cm). I could just cover the holes with plywood but I think a quick plaster would be nicer.

Having never done this before, I am tempted to get a tradesman in to do this as it would be very quick and easy for them whereas I may take a few weekends and do an aweful job. Does anyone know what the going rate is for plasterers and does anyone know anyone suitable in the London area?

Sponsored Links
Including materials, and even allowing for london prices, I'd be disappointed if the whole job came to over £200.

As for recommendations, think I'd ask round the neighbours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back