Part Plastering A Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm getting ready for our plasterer coming on the 13th and have a question about one wall.

IMG_20231104_114329.jpg

In the above picture I only want to plaster upto the right hand edge of the left doorway, at a later date the right door will be removed and filled in so will require that part of the wall to be refinished aswell.

Am I better fixing a piece of wood in line with the architrave where I want the plaster to finish as a temporary stop bead if so what thickness should it be, or should I just get the plasterer to thin the coat right out above the door then he can work back into it at a later date once the doorways dealt with?

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
I didn't think a stop bead could be removed I thought they were fixed in place permenantly?

Sponsored Links
I didn't think a stop bead could be removed I thought they were fixed in place permenantly?
They are, but plastered up to properly, they will be invisible when it comes to any further work.
They are very useful for DIY plasterers (like me!), I can split a large wall into sections, that I can finish In my own time.

Alternatively, as you suggest, the plasterer can plaster up to a batten (wrap in cling film for easier removal).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back