Plaster on plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've blocked up an old doorway with a stud wall and square edged plasterboard and I'm looking at finishing it off.

a) What sort of plaster do I put on to it (board finish, multifinish etc)
b) Do I need to prepare the boards i.e. prime/put a base coat on (if so, what sort of plaster?)
c) Linked to b) I've read not to pva the board, so are they ready "primed" or do i need to do anything to reduce suction (drying).
d) Beading - does this just stay in place with the plaster?

Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Use multifinish ,no need for pva , use scrim tape on the board joins ,tack the beads on with nails.:cool:

brist said:
Use multifinish ,no need for pva , use scrim tape on the board joins ,tack the beads on with nails.:cool:

spot on. straight to the point. no fuss. no frills. good advice. ;)

Sponsored Links
why use multi on plasterboard when if you open your eyes in b+q it clearly says on 1 bag BOARD FINISH. why use multi? by the way been in the job 17 years and on diy sos so i know what im talking about... use the stuff thats designed for the job

Durs 3, you have responded to a post here that is 18 months old. You will have to open your eyes... :rolleyes: I use multi finish every day on plasterboard etc, like thousands of other plasterers,,,, no problems..... Also, being on DIYSOS doesn't prove a thing either,,,, some would even be too embarrased to even own up to being on it :oops: ,,,,and they also use multi finish on plasterboard a lot too,,,, and they paint onto plaster that hasn't dried out.... "What" job have you been in for 17 years????

Roughcaster.

hey rough caster.. see to me it dont matter what you say.. i've plastering for 17 years been teaching it for 7. i aint got a mortage! THEY asked me to go on the programme. oh and i dont mean that soppy plastering amateurs do ( like doing up peoples houses for a living) i mean proper plastering marmorino/ venetian and all italian plaster effects. SO WHEN YOU CAN EARN £100 P/METRE AND TAKE HOME £5G IN A WEEK....COME BACK TO ME... you are what you call yourself... me? im on my 17 th house.. i mean to buy!!

hey rough caster.. see to me it dont matter what you say.. i've plastering for 17 years been teaching it for 7. i aint got a mortage! THEY asked me to go on the programme. oh and i dont mean that soppy plastering amateurs do ( like doing up peoples houses for a living) i mean proper plastering marmorino/ venetian and all italian plaster effects. SO WHEN YOU CAN EARN £100 P/METRE AND TAKE HOME £5G IN A WEEK....COME BACK TO ME... you are what you call yourself... me? im on my 17 th house.. i mean to buy!!
Who is this joker. :eek: It's not another wind up is it :rolleyes:

thats gotta be a wind up...............or care in the community. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back