A lot of nothing..

I

imamartian

Prof Brian Cox has been on talking about his Xmas show, and about the Higgs field... etc

And one particular (no pun intended) comment about the atom made me think..

He said that 99.9999999999999% of an atom is empty space. So this space must be a vacuum? as it can't be air for example...

So that means that most of everything is a vacuum? And if i filled a double-decker bus with marbles, but 99.999999999999% of the bus was filled with nothing... there'd be about 1 marble in the bus... and if i wanted to copy Big Ben with these bus sized shapes full of marbles.... i'd be left with a cupfull of marbles....

So why is this table i'm at solid? is it just the strong forces? or that Higgs field treacle ??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You are such an old tart Martitian, this is why you're so unpopular. :LOL:

well thats because this forum (GD) is rife with trolls like you... if we don't succumb to your ways, we're hounded out !!

At least i try to post interesting, non-inflamatory threads for discussion, not like you lot - you trawl around looking for another "kill" to boost your ego!!

It's time admin sussed you lot out... although i suspect you boost the ratings more with your vitriole than i do with science stuff !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

At least i try to post interesting, non-inflamatory threads for discussion, not like you lot - you trawl around looking for another "kill" to boost your ego!!

So what is interesting in this thread?

Absolutely nothing :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jeez !!! i get measured by Geraint and Sooey ffs !!! the kind of scum you find round the rim of a public toilet..

Note to admin - feel free to lock or delete this thread... an attempt at sensible grown up discussion, yet subsumed by troll activity !!

What has this site become? Admin... you should be a bit more selective in your clientelle... IMO !!

Actually, no, Admin, the post stays... you should send a warning to those rule breakers who ride roughshot over everyone else on this site !!

Any care to talk about atoms? ;)

Blimey, now your telling admin what to do.

I bet you reported the thread and now wish you had not :D

Blimey, now your telling admin what to do.

I bet you reported the thread and now wish you had not :D

nope didn't report anything, just want to know how an atom that's basically empty, can feel solid. That's all !! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back