A novice looking for, help how to level a paint wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I bought a house and I would like to decorate it by myself even if after I have to call a decorator to do the job again.

My question is: which product should be used to level a wall of the entrance of the house?
-multifinish?
-one coat?
-?
The wall:plasterboard and it's painted (can I used a product in top of the pain like pvc or other.

wich is the process in a nutshell.

Sponsored Links
Depends how bad your wall is. What do you mean by "level a wall". Is it a bumpy wall? Is it a wall that is off the plumb?.... If it's a wall that maybe just needs a new surface, then PVA and skim with multifinish. Avoid one coat plaster..... If it needs a bit more than just a skim, you could again,PVA, and coat with bonding coat plaster, and then put on multi finish. If it is a plasterboard wall that has seen better days, replace the boards. If you've never plastered before, get some advice, or better still, get someone to do that part of your job for you.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back