A progstat for a simple bloke?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone in the world is obsessed by mobile phones n apps..................except me! I need a new progstat for my intergas combi..............I don't want a nest n I don't want to talk to the stat via my mobile or the internet, I realise this makes me a weirdo, but heyho that's me.

What I do want however is a permanently lit LCD display but most importantly a BUTTON on the thing that when I press it, it will override the set programme n give me an hour of heat.................is there such a thing on the market?

Sponsored Links
Yes, there is! What model is your boiler? Do you need a wired or wireless solution?

Good man Muggles....................boiler is 1 yr old, heats a 5 bed house (not interested in that opentherm nonsense) no idea what model, current progstat is wired (no volt contacts)

OpenTherm isn't nonsense, it's a very simple and effective way of saving money on your gas bills. If you're able to post photos of your existing stat that would help. Your boiler model is either written on the front (possibly behind a flap) or on the silver data badge on the base.

Sponsored Links
existing progstat is a Danfoss TP one ......................when I want to save money on gas, I turn the boiler off 15 mins earlier

i have a hive one from British Gas, but not one you can control from a phone, ( as most of the time i dont even know what room my phone is in, and can go days without needing it). You press it once and it shows the temp, if you think its a bit chilly, press another button for 1 hour of heat. It is wireless, so you can place it in whichever room you like.

Good man DnL, so I went on the hive site.....................Jeez, what a nightmare, smarthome, smartlights, smartcameras..............give it up boys, you're scaring normal people off!! add another tab called Dumbhome and you'd have held my attention!! I gave up after 5 minutes of trying to find the bare bones basic hive controls instructions

existing progstat is a Danfoss TP one ......................when I want to save money on gas, I turn the boiler off 15 mins earlier
Is it a TP-One S or a TP-One M? The S and the M are different beasts which will require different replacements if you just want to do a straight swap with no wiring alterations

I think it's a TP1 M...........sadly the boiler has never worked properly with any of the 3!! different stats that have been fitted (pump and/ or boiler stays on, therefore I had to install a 240volt contactor to stop the backfeed)

Again, it would be useful to know the model of your boiler in order to provide more accurate assistance. It may be that there's a link left in on the boiler PCB which needs to be removed in order for your thermostat to work

I wish I had stuck to WB...........this intergas job may have only 4 moving parts...........but that aint much good if the electronics are sh1t!! after endless problems right from the instal, I had to call out an Intergas engineer under warrantee, he came n said 'yes a dodgy Korean circuit board, I'll order you a new one', 2 weeks later he came back with one, fitted it n a day later the fault came back (he obviously checked the wiring n link removal etc), I really wish I hadn't paid a load of extra money n stuck to lovely WB!!!

I like the idea of a boost on the wall thermostat, I have a boost on the TRV which opens it fully for ½ hour, but not the wall thermostat, what I have done in past is set program to 16°C 6 times a day and then turn up heating when I want it, so at each program time it turns it back down.

Nest Gen 3 has a boost for DHW for ½ hour, and does have a lit display when you walk past, and does not need internet, but I fitted Nest Gen 3 and would not rate it as a good system.

I wonder if an immersion heater timer would do what you want. They have option for boost. Or may be combined with a wall thermostat. Since the TRV controls room temperature a ½ hour timer will not over heat anything, but wonder why?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back