A quick question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just put in arcatrave and have some gaps to fill. I plan to gloss the arcatrave and caulk the gaps.

Now I have to have it all finished in 3 days so do I gloss the arcatrave first and then caulk the gaps? or caulk first and then gloss?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If the timber is raw you need to knot and prime first. Then caulk and undercoat and gloss on top. Caulk doesnt stick to raw wood very well.

If the timber is raw you need to knot and prime first. Then caulk and undercoat and gloss on top. Caulk doesnt stick to raw wood very well.

Oh right, I didnt know that.

Right I am knoting anyway. If caulk doesnt stick to wood well then I may use wood filler instead as I am in a hurry.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can use a quick drying primer/undercoat if you like and then caulk. This can be done on the same day. Then finish with your top coats.

You can use a quick drying primer/undercoat if you like and then caulk. This can be done on the same day. Then finish with your top coats.

After getting a tin of quick drying primer/undercoat today, thats exactly what I wanted to hear :)

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back