A very weird project HELP needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, guys, this is a weird one. I am trying to make a bespoke holder for some vials of medication which I need to carry and keep cool. They rattle around and get under the ice packs I need, so I thought I would make a holder. room is tight, so I thought a compact cast would work best.

Has anyone much experience with casting epoxy resisns.

My main issue is that I want to mould the glass bottles I need to carry, but how do I stop the glass bottles from sticking to the resin. What would I apply first?

Thanks for your help!

Tim

Sponsored Links
Why not some moulded foam cut to the size of the "holder" and then slits cut into that for the vials? Would also help keep the temp down.

Sponsored Links
Something I've seen done making seats for kit cars is to fit a bin bag around the object to be moulded to (in this case someone's back) and fill it with the expanding foam you get in a tin at DIY sheds. Once it's set they peel off the bin bag and trim off the extra foam.

If you apply that on a smaller scale, you could probably make a holder out of the stuff.

I was recommended a 'PVA Release Agent' when I was carrying out a GRP moulding job, although I remember in the past building up a generous coating of wax floor polish by apply several generous coats to moulds, and buffing well between each coat.

Note - The PVA Release Agent above is nothing like a PVA adhesive!

Ask your pharmacist??
The vials may come in a larger pack with a container that could be modified.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back