Absolute Zero or Absolute Bo llo ck$?

Sponsored Links
If it's not already being done then it's high time an economical, energy-efficient way was found to sort/mince/compress/bond a lot of the stuff that currently goes to land-fill and turn it into usable blocks for the building trade. If the blocks were Lego-like they wouldn't need mortar for assembly.

So how is Govey's idea going to be policed - with hoards of inspectors going round the streets and trying to guess who might have a wood burner? I think not.
Banning the sale of wet wood, bigger suppliers will probably get spot checks once in a blue moon.

If you're one of those oddballs who don't live in a city then you might be able to harvest your own. In which case you're probably already drying the wood out.

Clamping down on the majority of sale is the point at the moment. It wouldn't surprise me if 10 years down the line it was something flagged in your EPC when you sell.

Sponsored Links
Like all these environmental. B*** Ends they have an. Idea but there is no real plan

Last time I did my GasSafe retraining the instructor gave an example of co2 production. A gas boiler on average will give off about 40 ppm whilst wet wood will produce around 30,000ppm.
Bloody wood burning WOKE's! They are the problem!

The the solution for reducing carbons emissions are very difficult.

Cement production is one - there is no alternative material

Take wind turbines: the foundation uses around 45,000kg of steel and 400 cubic metres of concrete.
That takes a long time to recover in carbon reduction when in use.
Carbon capture. Well, the Humber region is looking at it again, as it is the biggest industrial energy region in the UK. Cemex is on the South bank of the Humber, and well placed to be plugged into it.
Humbermapinfographic2-600x300.png

https://networks.online/gphsn/news/1001862/humber-plan-2040-zero-carbon-cluster-centres-drax

Has anyone read the recent report 'Absolute Zero', produced by the group UKFires and sponsored by the government? It details how we need to change our economy and lifestyles to achieve a zero-carbon economy by 2050.
There is an error in the report though, as it claims absolute zero carbon, rather than net carbon. The UK Government pledged next zero carbon (one of the last things May did).

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2019/9780111187654

It does have some interesting discussion though.

There is an error in the report though, as it claims absolute zero carbon, rather than net carbon. The UK Government pledged next zero carbon (one of the last things May did).

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2019/9780111187654

It does have some interesting discussion though.
By 'absolute zero', the Report seems to imply that we cannot simply export emissions by having goods made overseas and shipping them in.
It certainly is an 'interesting' discussion, particularly where it states that we must: stop eating beef and lamb; not fly any more; use rammed earth as a building material; only heat some of our rooms in winter and wear warm clothes indoors etc.

Sponsored Links
Back