Accenta 6 TA fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Does anyone know at what voltage (how low) the back-up battery inside the control panel has to be to set off an alarm fault?
I have a random alarm fault which sets off a full alarm condition, even when left in Engineer mode. I've carried out an alarm memory recall which has logged two tamper (TA) event(s). I've checked the battery voltage which is on the low side (10v) so I know I need to replace the battery however I don't like just throwing new parts at a problem hoping that will solve it.
Fuses and resistance checks on the TA circuit are good (0Ω) so I'm just wondering if its just that the back-up battery is getting low enough to set of a random event?
Any help would appreciated.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Faulty batteries can cause tamper faults on some panels to draw your attention to a problem
Is the battery voltage take with the multimeter when the battery is connected to the control panel ?
What is the voltage on the two battery leads without the battery connected .

Hi,
Thanks for responding, the voltage was checked disconnected from the circuit.

If you are getting 10 volts from the battery leads now check aux voltage for the detectors.
If you are getting 10 volts as well on aux side panel could be faulty.
Was the battery old ? 4/5 years ?

Sponsored Links
The battery is more than five years old, can I just clarify something, I have been testing the battery voltage at the battery terminals with the battery disconnected from the circuit. Not the voltage from the battery leads.
I'll carry out the battery lead and aux voltage test tomorrow though (I don't want to upset the neighbours at this time of the evening).

If battery over 5 years I would suggest that battery could be causing the tamper fault.
Disconnect battery from control panel and put test leads from multimeter onto battery leads,if volt still low 10volts then panel is not going to charge new battery correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back