Risco Agility 3 Tamper Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Risco Agility 3 alarm and I have previously replaced the keypad batteries and PIR batteries myself.
The batteries in the external sounder were running low and so I replaced them without putting it into engineer mode and I set off the Tamper alarm in the sound box. I have now replaced the batteries and put the external box all back together with the tamper switch in place but the alarm box now says "Partition 1 not Ready to set: tamper alarm in external sounder".

Can anyone please tell me how to reset the external tamper alarm fault or clear it in engineer mode because the alarm will not work at all now.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty certain it is. It seated correctly and with new batteries in it didn't set off the alarm.
If I want to check it again without setting the tamper alarm off do I just put the keypad into Activities > Advanced > Service mode and with the service mode activated the alarm should not go off when I remove the cover??

Does anyone else have an input kn how to reset this tamper alarm please?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the tamper is active then it will continue to show.

The bell box is 2 way so should update the panel, unlike some of the sensors that are available for the Agility 3.

So I highly suspect handymanjo is right.

in engineering you can do a coms test and a bell test, does the bell respond, do you get a value for the coms test.

Thank you very much for your reply I have had a good look through the menus available to me and I can't find comms test or bell test .

Does anyone have a manual for the engineering mode please?
And am I right in thinking that in the options activities >advanced >service mode that is what you mean by the engineering mode?

There is an option in there called a mate faults but I don't seem to be able to select the option yes? Does anyone have a manual please and there might be a bit easier to troubleshoot?

you need the engineers code to enter engineering.

try searching online, unfortunately Risco UK only issue registered installers with engineers manuals.

Thanks to all for the help here. I found out what it was and thought it may be helpful for anyone in future.

The tamper alarm has a plastic probe which sticks out the back of the alarm box to push against the wall which in turn pushes the micro switch against the alarm cover and activates the micro switch. Even though the case was fitted correctly for some reason and going back in the exact same spot, this plastic probe was no longer giving enough assistance when seated against the wall to push the tamper alarm far enough and activate against the case.

Once I figured this out I screwed a small screw in to the back of the probe and used it to provide an extra 5mm or so to raise the tamper unit and complete the micro switch. Works perfectly now.

Glad you got it sorted, but it does come down to tampers wont clear unless resolved, that said the one way door contacts and shocks need to be walk tested to clear the tamper after having them opened.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back