Agility 3 - Tamper Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everybody,

Hope one of you peeps will be able to help?

We have the Risco Agility 3 installed. The batteries for the Wireless Keypad ran out so i called the installer who quoted £90 call out plus £65 for batteries. I thought that was a little steep and the guy said i could change them myself. I got decent batteries for £20 and changed them myself. The keypad now works however every few days when setting or unsetting the alarm a 'Tamper Alarm' goes off (once at 4am, our baby didn't wake up but all the neighbours did!). I can deactivate the alarm using the keypad but it goes off again a few days later when activating or deactivating.

What do i need to do to stop the Tamper Alarm going off? Is there an option in the setting menu? Or is this something that has to be done with the Engineering Code?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
wow, three cr123a batteries seems ott.

£20 for the keypad batteries?

Tamper alarm, have you checked whats in tamper did you put keypad back properly?

Sorry.....£65 was for all the batteries including the PIR, Sounder, Keypad and control box etc...I still think that's extortionate! I spent £20 to get 15 batteries to do them all myself.

The only ones that registered as low were on the keypad so they are the only ones i have replaced so far.

The fault states 'Tamper - Partition 1 Keypad'

I have cheked and the switch is sticking out and touching the wall, it makes a slight click when placing the keypad back on the wall which makes me think it is making contact.

I charge £50 call out and £3 a battery, liability is with us then though, recently had a customer kill a device by doing batteries wrong himself, but others manage okay.

to make the keypad batteries last longer you can turn off the keypad wakeup option.

Sponsored Links
Think that is already activated as it goes into sleep mode and have to press * to wake it up?

Wow....Your charges seem a lot more reasonable, shame you dont live down south...must be loads of people fed up of beiing ripped off!

I know its my fault as I changed the batteries but I fear i am going to have to bite the bullet and get the Installer back and pay £90 for 1 minutes work!

Do you know if following a Tamper Alarm i need to enter a Technician/Engineer Code to reset the system? Is this something i can do? Does resetting the alarm clear the Tamper Alert?

depends.

one way devices do walk test after replacing batteries, 2way in service mode replace batteries exit service mode. always advisable to test everything after battery swap

I believe It's a two way keypad, couldn't put it in service mode as the batteries had already died. I'll try a walk test tomorrow but not sure how to walk test the keypad as it doesn't act like the PIR's?

if the keypad is in tamper I would check its seated properly, biggest cause of keypad tampers is not correctly seating them.

you could short term, use flat headed screwdriver and secure the tamper with a shortquarter turn.

Seems to be seated ok
I'll monitor for a few days and see if it goes off.
If it does then it must need a reset or something to clear the Tamper alarm from the memory?

Attachments

• iOS Image - 1002839199.jpg
    iOS Image - 1002839199.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 719

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back