Veritas Alarm in tamper mode - help!

Tampers on your system
Lid tamper on control panel
Cover tamper on keypad
Bell box
Detector tamper circuit

Faulty battery can cause tamper fault

If you have linked out the tamper circuit on pcb and you still have fault .
Check keypad cover,check panel tamper
Link out bell tamper ov to TR with wire link,

Sponsored Links
Tampers on your system
Lid tamper on control panel
Cover tamper on keypad
Bell box
Detector tamper circuit

Faulty battery can cause tamper fault

If you have linked out the tamper circuit on pcb and you still have fault .
Check keypad cover,check panel tamper
Link out bell tamper ov to TR with wire link,

The thing is everything was working fine after changing over x2 PIR, when changing the 3rd that's when The wires shorted, this would therefore rule out the control panel lid, battery, bell box .... surely as everything was working up until then?

If you have shorted wires onto the circuit board you need to determine what damage you have caused.
If tamper circuit linked out then you still have a problem?
If you link out bell tamper and still have a problem then possible problem keypad or control panel ?
You could have damaged the pcb when you shorted the wire and panel pcb now faulty.
Process of limitation by removing possible faults by linking out.

Right ok I will try linking out the bell tamper as next step.

One thing I have noticed is that when I post off/on system all the lights on the panel light up.... They then go off apart from the 3 recent PIR locations ... Along with a solid tamper light.

Sponsored Links
You could also try a total power down main and battery and then power back up mains then battery, this could reboot panel ?

I've tried that a few times.

Power of mains to console
Console switches over to battery power (green light starts flashing)
Disconnect battery
Outside alarm box triggers on
(At this point with cover still off)
Reconnect battery
Key bad lights up with tamper lights
Connect cover back on console
Power back on
Tamper lights remain

As mentioned on my previous post, it's a bit strange how the 3 PIR I changed are the ones the zone lights remain on the keypad - along with solid tamper light.

Do I have to let the system know I've swapped out PIR?

Back to basics then
Link out all zones on pcb ,that put a wire link in zone 1,2,3 etc and see if lights go out ?
If lights stay on the panel pcb faulty

I would remove the aux from the pirs as the panel is the later type ( poly switches ) not fuses , this may cause a tamper issue if shorted !

Back to basics then
Link out all zones on pcb ,that put a wire link in zone 1,2,3 etc and see if lights go out ?
If lights stay on the panel pcb faulty

Is this similiar to what i did with the tamper? remove wires currently connected and then add a loop/link between the 2 terminals?

If i want to disconnect a PIR which is currently connected - is it just a case of disconnecting the zone in the control panel? I was thinking of removing the PIR which i was trying to wire up when the tamper fault came on.

I would remove the aux from the pirs as the panel is the later type ( poly switches ) not fuses , this may cause a tamper issue if shorted !

Sorry, could you explain further please? Connections i have to the PIR are - x2Power, x2Alarm and x2Trigger.

Remove power ( aux ) 12 at panel end ....then link out tamper and zones ....if you have a short from
A.....tamper to power it may cause an issue
B.....zone to power it may cause an issue

Morning Guys,

I just did the following on my Veritas:

1. 1234
2. PROG
4. 19
5. 9 Bleeps
6. Omit

ZONE 5 lit up for me.

The issue is there is a solid red tamper light illuminated on the panel that I cannot get rid of. According to one of the earlier posts, my issue is:

5 Keypad offline

Any ideas on how I can remediate this?

Thanks

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-26_9-57-39.png
    upload_2017-2-26_9-57-39.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 228

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back