Decommissioning a Partition in a Risco Agility 3 Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the Risco Agility 3 and I want to decommission partition 2.

The reason for this is that the alarm has gone off now too many times in the middle of the night because the alarm loses wireless connectivity with zone 2 (zone 2 is in the garden, behind double-glazed doors, and then another set of doors).

I have the engineer's and user's codes and I know how to change batteries, etc. But not sure how to decommission a partition. Would omitting the zones in partition 2 be enough? Or would the alarm still go off if the wireless connection is lost?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sponsored Links
you can delete the device off the system.

not sure what you want to achieve. If you move the device from one partition to another then the problem will follow the partition.

get a zone list,

number
type
partition

and what you want to achieve

Thank you Secureiam. Apologies I think I wasn’t very clear when I explained the scenario.

Partition 1: house
Partition 2: shed in the garden

Zones in partition 2:

Zone 6 - PIR
Door (7) - door sensor

I rather not have the shed being part of the alarm system, as the alarm is in the house, and it looses the wireless connection to zone 6 and door (7) from time to time, and when that happens in the night we get woken up.

I hope I have explained it better now. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Thank you. Would this be in the engineer’s menu? I’ve cycled through most menus, in user and engineer’s modes and haven’t come across the option to “delete” only “omit”

Thank you. Would this be in the engineer’s menu? I’ve cycled through most menus, in user and engineer’s modes and haven’t come across the option to “delete” only “omit”
can you not just download the engineers handbook from the risco site?

can you not just download the engineers handbook from the risco site?
I feel very silly for not having thought of that. I have only ever looked in the user's manual. Thanks for the suggestion. I found the manual online and will have a go this evening.

Delete zones 6 and 7 then sensors can’t take part in system
Thanks again for your help. Please ignore my follow-up questions, I have found the engineer's manual online and will have a look this evening. I really value the support I have received from you. The people who installed our alarm were really nice, but they kept having to come back to troubleshoot it quite a lot, often unsuccessfully and just having to resort to changing all the batteries in all the sensors earlier than needed, only to have the alarm lose the connection again and go off.

Bring the devices into the house , put in a box so the pir won’t pick up and tape the contact to the magnet ….see if it does the same thing !

Thanks again for your help. Please ignore my follow-up questions, I have found the engineer's manual online and will have a look this evening. I really value the support I have received from you. The people who installed our alarm were really nice, but they kept having to come back to troubleshoot it quite a lot, often unsuccessfully and just having to resort to changing all the batteries in all the sensors earlier than needed, only to have the alarm lose the connection again and go off.
I found mine so temperamental I got rid of it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back