Accenta 8 tamper question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Have just recently moved into a property that has a Accenta 8 wired alarm system.

I am due to be having a new front door fitted so the old door frame will be ripped out, but I was wondering, Do I need to completely reset to factory settings in order for the door sensor to be removed and not "alert as a tamper fault"??

Ive not been given the engineers code for this unit and the company that maintained it don't want to provide it unless I sign up for their maintenance program.

In time, I want to replace the PIRs as the previous owners painted the casings(I know, what the hell).

What is the procedure with removing old units for new??

Many thanks

Kev

Sponsored Links
in general as long as the system isnt engineer reset just typing your user code after the alarm should silence the unit after the tamper has been generated.

Do what you need to do and user reset the system.

in general as long as the system isnt engineer reset just typing your user code after the alarm should silence the unit after the tamper has been generated.

Do what you need to do and user reset the system.

Thanks or the quick response.

When you say reset the system, do you mean to just re-enter my pass code and then I should et the Day and Power LED lit??

If you do not know how to reset your alarm system after an alarm is generated you should not attempt to maintain your system.

If you have the user manual for the alarm (readily available online), the reset after an alarm is documented in it.

You need to be aware that you may blow the auxilary power fuse during the replacement of the PIR's if you short the power cables out.

Sponsored Links
If you do not know how to reset your alarm system after an alarm is generated you should not attempt to maintain your system.

If you have the user manual for the alarm (readily available online), the reset after an alarm is documented in it.

You need to be aware that you may blow the auxilary power fuse during the replacement of the PIR's if you short the power cables out.

I do have manuals (albeit printed off from internet it looks) in my house folder that was left.

I will get my son in law to review these as he is an electrician so might be better qualified to do this than me.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back