Accenta 8 Mini Tamper reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Newbie here but I was hoping some of you may be able to help me. I have an Accenta 8 Mini. A few years ago the keypad stopped working (number keys lit but no power other than that) but I never got around to fixing it. I thought I'd give it a go, I downloaded the manual, did some reading online. Found out it may a dead battery, so I switched off the mains (which triggered the outside bell, removed the battery from the main control unit (not the keypad) switched mains back on (which then triggered the internal bell) but the keypad came to life so I was able to enter the code and disable it. However, once disabled the tamper light comes on and locks out the keypad. Presumably this is from opening the main control panel to remove the battery(?). I have checked that the spring switch (which I think is used to detect that main control unit has been opened/tampered with) is activating properly when closing the unit.

I'm fairly certain I need a new battery (hasn't been replaced in 15 years we've had the alarm) but I could do with advice on how to reset the tamper. I've read other threads about the Accenta 8 Mini and tamper problems on this forum and quite a few were advised to place a 'link' in the tamper circuit. This is where I need help, I don't know much about electrics. I know you'll probably say in that case I need a professional, perhaps I do but if it's something fairly simple then I feel confident I could do it with instruction. I think I've found the relevant parts of the manual. I'll upload those, along with a diagram and photos of the main circuit board.

Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to add that the manual I have is for the Accenta 8, not the Accenta 8 Mini. I'm not sure what the differences are but I haven't been able to find the manual for the Mini.

_MG_5105.jpg _MG_5115.jpg Accenta-8-Mini---Bell-Output.png Accenta-8-Mini---Connection-Diagram.png Accenta-8-Mini---Power-Up-Reset---Clear-NVM.png Accenta-8-Mini---Tamper-Network.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is that your panel ? If so the global tamper has been linked out allready .. See 19/20 on pcb , next options link out scb 25/26 and keypad tamper pair top left of pcb... Once boxed up you will have to press reset to clear the tamper

Yes it's my panel. I can see the link now you've said. That's odd then, why is the keypad locked out when everything is powered and the cover is back on? Could the fact that the battery has been removed be affecting it?

On my diagram it says 25&26 are 13V. Can I use any piece of wire (I have some insulated wire from soldering a chip to a circuit board a few years back) for the link? A new battery is coming tomorrow so perhaps I should fit that first?

Sponsored Links
Yes sorry it was hard to see that picture , it's the scb link, not 25/26 .... Just counted on from 23/24

Ah ok, I'll give that a go tomorrow. I noticed there are unused wire links on 11-12, 13-14 and 15-16 so I'll use one of those in SCB. I can place it in situ with currently connected wires on SCB can't I? With the mains off of course! Thanks for your help, much appreciated (y)

Something I just thought of.. If the link wire on the SCB remove the tamper. How i do remove the link wire and close the box without the tamper being tripped again?

Just wanted to update on the outcome. In the end I felt the knowledge required to fault find was a bit beyond me so I called out an engineer from the company who fitted the alarm 16 years ago. Turns out the tamper switch had actually snapped off in the remote keypad and also the fuse for the battery in the main control panel had blown.

I don't know how the tamper switch had snapped off in the RKP, it had never been opened since the initial installation. Anyway, all sorted but I appreciate your help, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back