Accenta 8 mini

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After fitting an additional door sensor I couldn't set my alarm (accenta 8 mini) I removed the new wiring (and refitted the zone link wire) but the alarm still won't set - I input the set code and get the normal setting sound immediately followed by 4 quick beeps which I think means a general fault on all four zones. I've done a complete factory reset and cleared the NVM before setting the system up from scratch. Before I remove all the wiring and start again are there any suggestions out there? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Close all the zones, then do a walk test, see which zones are still open.
Then if this fails, Link out all the zones , then walk test.

Cheers Madman

Hi. Do all used zones light up on system ?

Check all tampers are closed, Put a link in the tamper circuit then try and set.

If that fails try checking the fuse marked speaker as may have blown :)

Edit - Most likely fuse as usually tamper will lockout the keypad, You wouldn't be able to set it

Why crash the system for a fault?
Sledgehammer for a nut springs to mind.

Now you have, set it up with all zones linked out and prove the panel, then rebuild one at a time.

Job done.

Sponsored Links
Zone 4 was at fault (open circuit). (that's what the bleeps tell you when you tap in your code, 4 bleeps = zone 4 open etc) Absolutely no need to crash as already stated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back