Accenta G3 and Visonic wireless probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just added a Visonic wireless PIR and receiver (MCR 304) to my Accenta G3 panel but I'm struggling to get it to work

Zones 1-4 already in use so connected to zone 5.

Connection test between PIR and receiver works fine. Receiver set to operational mode (instead of learning mode - after PIR has been 'learned')

4 wires connected between receiver/panel: 12v + and - and C and NC

Zone 5 activated via engineer mode

Walk test works fine (zone 5 lights up on keypad when PIR triggered)

BUT triggering Zone 5 won't activate the alarm when the alarm is armed.
AND when setting the alarm I have no option to omit zone 5, only zones 1-4

Not quite sure what to think tbh. Might try connecting the wireless PIR via zone 8 in case zone 5 is faulty but it seems unlikely.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Maybe the zone has been programed as UNUSED.Try changing it to IMMEDIATE.
You have taken the factory link out of zone 5 haven't you?. :confused:

Thanks but I've definitely set Zone 5 to 'security' via engineering mode.

There are no wire zone-links on Accenta panels (the G3 anyway) so the zones are activated/deactivated, changed to Fire/Panic etc all via engineering mode.

Put a small loop of wire in zone 5 , set the system then break the loop , if the alarm triggers , then you know that the panel works and the problem is with the wireless receiver.
If that is the case , check there are no voltages on the C and NC.

Sponsored Links
Will try your wire loop trick - thanks :)

Reaching the limits of my knowledge here - what's the significance of voltage across NC and C?

Your zone inputs are basically a send and receive circuit , so if it expects say 12v on its return terminal and your receiver has 12v on its C or NC then the panel will see no change...its improbable , but worth a check.

Thanks

No voltage across NC and C. Plus they're definitely closed according to my multimeter

I tried the wire loop idea and zone 5 (or 8!) still didn't set, so I guess the problem is with the alarm panel.

The walk test works with zone 5 so that suggests zone 5 isn't activated, even though the keypad says it is.

I'm running 2 RKPs, is that likely to cause any problems? (only one RKP output on the panel so both connected to the same inputs on the panel). Alarm has worked fine this way for 2 years.

Problem solved!

For zones to work on Accenta panels the zone needs to be both set to security AND activated in program mode, even if programs aren't used by the user.

Obvious in hindsight but the manual isn't very clear on this at all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back