Accenta Gen 4 issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please excuse the long story but feel I should give you the full story to make it easier to help me with the problems I am having.
I have an Accenta G4 with 2 remote lcd keypads. The system has the following zones wired:
1. Front hall pir
2. Rear hall pir
3. Living room pir
4. Back door contacts
5. Unused and set as unused.
6. Front door contacts
7 & 8 unused and set as unused.
* I have not wired in an external siren yet*
Have made sure all the fitted links to PA, Tamp and TA are fitted.
On powering up the alarm, the alarm sounds and I enter code 1234. to silence alarm. I put the cover on the panel.
On the keypad I get the error message Tamper Fault Lockout.
It does not recognise my 0123 factory set code and stays with the error message.
If I enter 9999 and go into engineer mode & go into walk test it sounds 2 tones an should show all the 8 zones as zeros until I activate it...zone 5, 7 and 8 are showing 1s already, also although the pirs led lights up it does not activate the walk test. The contact zones change when activated but no zones generate a tone at all.
The pirs I have are Guardall PQ15, I have wired as follows:
On pir + to 13v on panel.
On pir - to 0v on panel.
On pir NC alarm to zone on panel.
On pir NC tamper to TAMP on panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
so how have you wired the tampers back to the panel, they need to be in series.....? If you have linked out the tamp and the bell tamp, what reading do you get for the keypad tampers?

so how have you wired the tampers back to the panel, they need to be in series.....? If you have linked out the tamp and the bell tamp, what reading do you get for the keypad tampers?

Not really sure what you mean by tampers in series.....I have run cable from each pir and contact seperately to the panel and all the tamps go to the tamp connection in the panel. The bell has not been wired in as yet.
I do not have a meter to get a reading.

if you have the TAMP & TA linked out it must be the keypads. if you push the cover on the keypads do you hear a click, if yes then you need to stretch the spring inside the keypad.

Red ;)

Sponsored Links
Thankyou Redsparky....that's got rid of the tamper fault lockout message now..
Now if I go into the engineer mode and select walk test instead of the zones being all zeros until i walk round and activate them they are 1s except for the two door contacts.
Any ideas.....I have read and re-read the manual but cant work this out.

It is still wired all wrong then, read the manual on how to wire the zones.
In walk test it starts with 0`s and turns to 1`s as you activate each zone.

And get a test meter, or make up a battery and bulb. Guessing isnt going to help.

Right.....I've now taken all the pirs out the equation by unwiring them and have also changed their zones to unused in all 3 programs....now if I go into the walk test the unused zones are all showing 1. The zones that have door contacts are zero and change when I activate.
Is this correct so far....as was under the impression that regardless of zones being used or not would start off as a zero.

There must be at least one zone in program 1.
Unused zones will show as 0 in walk test.

Reboot the panel back to defaults and link out all the zones.
This will prove the panel.

There was 2 zones in p1....front contacts and back door contacts.

I have removed the link from PA and joined shorting wire from the left PA to SET (nothing was wired in SET)
Dont know what you mean by link out all the zones?
'By the way...thankyou for taking the time to try to help me :)

That link in the PA, put others into the zones. Then all zones should be clear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back