Accenta Optima G4 mini and LCD Keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Im new here and a telecoms engineer, ive installed the above system and am having the following 2 problems so need some help please.

I have done a Walk test and all zones activate ok, bell test and strobe test activate ok when tested from panel. Tamper activates ok if panel is opened or PIR opened.

I have set

program 1 as follows

zone 1 entry / exit and timed
zone 2 to 5 set to intruder.

When set this way and indicating as set if I trip any of the zones either PIRs or Front and Back doors the system does not set the alarm off but when un setting the tripped zone appears as activated and is cleared with user restore once entering the user code to deactivate, so i don't understand why the sounder does'nt go off internal from the LCD speaker or external from the bell box or strobe.

Issue 2.
program 2 i want to use for part set as follows
zone 5 is landing PIR and needs to be inactive all other zones need to be set.

If i try to do a part set the user manual states enter user code
press P tones stop
press 2
and system will set in part set mode.

now when pressing P after user code the tones do not stop and system sets as program 1

Think i may have wired the motion sensors incorrectly see below?

PIRs are Next K9-85 and are wired at the PIR as follows

PIR Tamper is Red and Black - Panel all red and blacks are wired together except for the PIRs as these are wired in series to a connector block with the first red and last black connected in the tamper circuit.

PIR Alarm or NC is Blue and Yellow - Panel blue and yellows are wired into one of the zones 3 to 5.

PIR 12V Green + White - Panel greens wired together connect to +12v whites wired together connected to - 0v

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
I don't know much about these panels but I did have cause to mess about with one a couple of weeks ago...

Make sure that you put the entry and exit times in correctly - each unit is in 10 second chunks. If you put an exit time of "30", it will take 300 seconds (5 mins) to set! I fell foul of this until I read the small print in the engineers guide. :rolleyes:

This might fix Issue 2 as well. Btw, you don't need to set all the zones to Inhibit, only those on the entry route between the final exit and the keypad.

Check your programming of Program 2. Remember that when you press the zone's button, you toggle the state...

Best of luck. ;)

I don't know much about these panels but I did have cause to mess about with one a couple of weeks ago...

Make sure that you put the entry and exit times in correctly - each unit is in 10 second chunks. If you put an exit time of "30", it will take 300 seconds (5 mins) to set! I fell foul of this until I read the small print in the engineers guide. :rolleyes:

This might fix Issue 2 as well. Btw, you don't need to set all the zones to Inhibit, only those on the entry route between the final exit and the keypad.

Check your programming of Program 2. Remember that when you press the zone's button, you toggle the state...

Best of luck. ;)

Thanks 82, yes i have set entry and exit timers as you stated to 20 and 10 so will change to 02 and 01 and will confirm when done.

You also need to enable programme 2, as it's disabled by default. That's why you can't press the "P"

Change it to timed or silent timed, whatever suits, along with appropriate entry/exit times.

Sponsored Links
Also for the first point:

Bell delay?

If unsure, bung a meter on the Bell + and Bell trigger to see if the panel's actually triggering the bell and sounders. I suspect it isn't which then leaves a programming issue (likely) or a duff panel (unlikely)

You also need to enable programme 2, as it's disabled by default. That's why you can't press the "P"

Change it to timed or silent timed, whatever suits, along with appropriate entry/exit times.

Thanks Josh, im not sure ive seen anywhere in the programming to enable P 2 and P3. P2 will only act as a part set for nightime so do i still need to set P2 as timed or silent timed and that will then enable the program 2 ?

Thanks Dave

Also for the first point:

Bell delay?

If unsure, bung a meter on the Bell + and Bell trigger to see if the panel's actually triggering the bell and sounders. I suspect it isn't which then leaves a programming issue (likely) or a duff panel (unlikely)

Will try this also.

Silent timed is usually the best for a night time setting - the last one going to bed won't wake the others.

Also, you may want to set the alarm response to internal sounders only - you don't need to wake the neighbours when you're in the house.

You probably don't want a bell delay.

Silent timed is usually the best for a night time setting - the last one going to bed won't wake the others.

Also, you may want to set the alarm response to internal sounders only - you don't need to wake the neighbours when you're in the house.

You probably don't want a bell delay.

Update guys

I did have a time delay on the bell, this has now been set to 00. I have enabled program 2 and made it silent timed this is also now working.

Only issue i have now is that when i trip a zone the internal sounder on the RKP sounds and strobe on bell box flashes just not getting the external siren so i will check wiring at both ends and report back.

Many thanks for the help so far to you guys.

Dave

Guys

All now sorted, the bell box was wired up wrong at the panel, god knows how i managed that.

Thanks again for all the help recieved.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back