Mini gen 4 accenta help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have recently bought and installed a mini gen 4 accenta panel which came with a lcd keypad. I have installed 2 x Bosch pir blue line and 1 x external siren pyrnoix deltabell.

I have connected up the panel,keyad,pirs and the siren using the wiring provided. I have powered the system up today and it is saying 'tamper fault lockout' . Now I haven't linked the zones out which aren't been used should this be done.

The wiring is as follows

Keypad 13v red
0v black
Tamp yellow
Comms blue
Sound green
White spare

Pir ( each pir has its own cable wired back to panel )
- black
+ Red
Nc blue
Nc green
T yellow
White spare

Siren
T (link to -12v)
T yellow
Eng hold spare
STB green
Bell blue
+12v red
-12v black (link to top T)

Sounders were plugged in and none of the jumpers etc were moved

Now the panel :

Keypad:

Sound green
Comms blue
13v red
0v black
Top tamp yellow
Bottom tamp spare

Pir:

Both reds together and both blacks together to 13 and 0v respectively
Both yellows for tamp connected together and put in tamp terminal next to 13v
Blue - wired to zone 2
Green - wired to zone 2

The second pir was wired into zone 3 (blue and green)

Siren

Red - D (bell +)
Black - A (scb)
Yellow - T (scb)
Blue - B (bell -)
Green - strobe -

I hope someone could help me as this is my first alarm and would appreciate any feedback

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
You have wired the tamper circuit on the keypad and PIRs incorrectly. Connect the white to your "spare" tamper terminals in the keypad and PIRs. At the panel, wire the white from the keypad cable to the "spare" tamper terminal at the keypad connector. For the PIRs, at the panel end take the yellow from the first PIR and join it to the white from the second PIR. The remaining white and yellow wire from the PIRs goes to the two tamper terminals next to the 13v connections in the panel. Close everything up and it should reset.

Ok thank you very much for this information

I will try this today. Do the unused zones need to be linked out or can they be disabled via the keypad?

Thanks

Hi Scott

I have done what you suggested and still getting the same message on the keypad.

Any other ideas.. should I do a master reset?

Sponsored Links
No link out the following , tamper , keypad tamper , scb A and T
Does it clear ? If so remove a link one at a time to find out which one is causing the issue

Do u mean disconnect all wiring then do that ? Or do that with all wiring in tact ?

Thank you. Is what Scott said right about the wiring the pir with tamper through and joining the pair in the back of the panel??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back