Attaching bellbox to Accenta mini gen 4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got another question, last year i replaced a Eurosec CPL8 control panel with the mini gen 4 control panel. the changeover went well apart from the bellbox which is still not connected because tbh I havn't had the time. Unfortunatly without great expense I don't have access to the bellbox because it is on the fourth floor and my lader doesn't reach that high. By the looks of it, and looking at pics from google it looks like the odyssey 1/1. bare with me, i will get to the point ....lol. On the eurosec the wiring was as follows;

green > "strobe +"
White > "strobe -"
Red > "bell +"
Yelllow > "bell -"
Black > "Bell hold"
Blue > "SAB Tamp"

As i said I havn't connected it yet but this is how I see it being connected to the mini gen 4;

Green > "strobe +"
White > "strobe -"
Blue > "SCB T (-ve tamper return)"
Black > "SCB A (-ve supply 0v)"
Red > "bell + (+ve supply 12v)"
Yellow > "bell - (-ve sounder trigger)"

Does this look right? I have also noticed that the gen 4 manual does not use the "strobe +" terminal as i assume most bellboxes get this from the "bell +" and the Eurosec has SAB printed on the terminal but the mini gen 4 has SCB printed on the terminal > just to add more confusion!

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You don't need the strobe + (as you said).

Why don't you put the box lower than four stories up? That's a big height.

It's not likely to be SCB either as that means you have a big battery in the bellbox.

I know, 4 stories does seem rather excessive but the previous owners installed it, must have used a cherry picker lol. But does that wiring combination apart from "strobe +" look right. Sorry I cant be more specific with what the inside of the bellbox looks like (terminals and wires etc.) but i aint climbing that high lol :s

I take it an SAB will work even though the terminals on the gen 4 say SCB
Thanks for the speedy reply.

Sponsored Links
It looks right to me but I've not used either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back