Accenta ADE Gen4 wiring to external bell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just swapped my alarm panel over from the old Logic4 to a Accenta ADE Gen 4. All the wiring bar the external bell has been connected all ok. I'm baffled to how i connect the external siren up.
Logic 4 board....Bell......+ red, - black; SCB T Green, A yellow; Strobe + Blue - White.
External siren..... Red wire + 12V supply, black yellow wire + -ve supply and a seperate black wire on the siren to Temp Feed F. Green wire Temp ret, Strobe - white, + blue.
I'm unsure how to connect the wires on the new board ADE Gen 4....., connections are strobe + and -; SCB T & A and Bell + and -. It states on the instructions that if and external siren without strobe is used, it should be connected to terminals D&B (bell on the board), which in my case, the siren does have a strobe.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

Sponsored Links
I've tested the system, the strobe works and the 2 red LEDs flash ok on the siren just the siren doesn't sound when the system is in alarm state, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I'm still having no joy with the wiring to the bell box, the strobe works when i test it from the control panel but still no alarm sound, i'm sure i must be wiring it up incorrectly or doing something the may require putting one wire somewhere else.

Ive checked the voltage on the control panel and goes up to approx 13V when alarm is triggered. There is no time delay or double knock on the PIR's...hhhmmmmmm

The trigger jumps to 13vdc what positive or negative.

Your applying the trigger to the wrong imput.

It should have the same readings as the strobe as they are both negative triggers.

Think hes getting lost on the SCB and T imputs.
I know the triggers should both be hard negs.
If his leds are operation and the strobe then he has got the bell trigger either wrong polarity or wrong position.

I suggest oP finds the strobe - trigger and uses a free link across the sounder to find the bell/siren trigger.

So is it the red/black wires that are incorrect on the board or the green/yellow from the SCB connections in relation to the wiring on the bell?

We are here to try and help, you have to think too.
Want me to come around and do it for you?

T = -ve Tmp Rtn
A = - Ovdc
D = =12vdc
B= - Bell trigger

Strobe has own +ve and -ve.

Picture included to see it click on my name.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back