Accenta G4 alarm box & Honeywell AG6 W/B siren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
As advised I have wired my Accenta G4 alarm panel that has the following terminals;

Strobe + (not used)
Strobe -
T (SCB)
A (SCB)
D (Bell) +
B (Bell) -

To the AG6 siren that has the following terminals;

TR -
S -
V +
V -
ST -

I wired it as advised as follows:
Strobe - to ST -
T (SCB) to TR -
A (SCB) to V -
D (Bell) + to V +
B (Bell) - to S -

When I wire it as above the blue strobe permanently flashes on the siren box. I then swopped the two wires and the alarm system works fine ?

Strobe - to S -
B (Bell) - to ST -

So my wiring is now:

Strobe - to S -
T (SCB) to TR -
A (SCB) to V -
D (Bell) + to V +
B (Bell) - to ST -

Is this ok ?

Sponsored Links
Tried to wire in 'correct' way but siren doesn't work ? Put it back & it does ??

Any ideas please ?

Sponsored Links
May need to check connections in bell box
That photo of wiring at bell box and and control panel.
Could have crossed wire ?

Hi
No wiring is spot on and no cross wires. Alarm has been wired the 'incorrect way' for 4 yrs & worked fine (siren goes off when alarm actuated & strobe flashes).

Can't understand how s - & st - wiring makes a difference what does s - do ?

Tried it again & siren/strobe doesn't go off in alarm condition when wired 'correctly' but works fine when s- & st - wires are changed over ??

Make your mind up ...you said the strobe was on all the time ...now your saying it doesn’t work if stopped around ?

No I said originally;
When I wire it as above (correct way) the blue strobe permanently flashes on the siren box ((& the siren won't work)). I then swopped the two wires (incorrect way) and it works fine.

In other words my alarm bell strobe and siren doesn't work if the connections are;
Strobe - to ST -
B - to s -

But it all DOES work correctly if I wire it
Strobe - to s -
B - to ST -

Both are switched negatives ...yes they will work ...BUT ...the strobe normally carry’s on until reset ...so if your alarm goes off and they are swopped around the bell may carry on ringing give it a try set off alarm , turn off ...but don’t reset
If your saying as your post above then either the panels shot or the wiring has an issue !

Hi
Yes my siren goes off and when I key in my no the siren keeps going until I press the 'X' on the Accenta + panel and it resets

Mark,
Many thanks for all your help and patience. I wasn't going to let this beat me and finally found the problem today by again getting up the ladder in the bell box and finding a loose wire in the connector.
I then wired the panel up 'correctly' as per your advice and finally it works !
Thanks once again for your kind help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back