Upgrading Bellbox for an Itec Meridian Control Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My panel is a 17 yr old Itec Meridian (UK) and I've got a new Texecom Odyssey 3E Bellbox, I've removed the old box but am a little unclear as to what wire goes where.

Have 8 core running from Panel to box, only 4 are utilised from panel, they are,

Ext Bell +ve Red
Ext Bell -ve Yellow
TR Blue, this has a resistor fitted and I think comes from Bell Tam.
BHO Black, this goes to SAB

Old Box Connections

A = Red , linked off to Strobe
B = Yellow, linked off to strobe
C = Black
D = Blue

New box has
A = 12v +ve
B = Bell -ve
C = Tamp
D = OV
S = Strobe -ve

Perhaps somebody could indicate which wire I should connect to which connection on the Odyssey, I would be extremely grateful.
Dave
:?:

Sponsored Links
Hi ,

If you are going to be responsible for servicing your own alarm , you really should try to find out what the bell/SAB connections do..it makes it more rewarding.

But...

panel ..........siren
Ext bell +12v.....A
Ext Bell -ve........B
TR.....................C (keep the resistor in circuit)
BHO -ve............D

if you have spare cores then use one to connect Strobe -ve at the panel to S on the bell box.

Regards.

Hi ,

If you are going to be responsible for servicing your own alarm , you really should try to find out what the bell/SAB connections do..it makes it more rewarding.

But...

panel ..........siren
Ext bell +12v.....A
Ext Bell -ve........B
TR.....................C (keep the resistor in circuit)
BHO -ve............D

if you have spare cores then use one to connect Strobe -ve at the panel to S on the bell box.

Regards.

Thanks for the response, I don't intend to service my alarm in the future, unfortunately the chap who installed the alarm and used to periodically check it out for me is no longer with us.

The reason I'm fitting this new bellbox is that something walloped the old one during the recent gales and smashed it and as I now have the house up for sale I thought it would look better with a new one, I also imagined that it couldn't be too difficult to fit one.

I have spare cores available but I cannot see a Strobe -ve in the panel wiring diagram to attach one to, the only Strobe mentioned in the diagram is one shown coming off the Interior Bell which is unused.

Might this be the reason that in the old box there were wires coming off the ext bell connections to the strobe?.

A person on another forum has suggested that the box won't work with my panel unless "I bodge an eol circuit on a relay for return", again I would appreciate your feedback, thanks again.
Regards
Dave

Hi ,
Try the connections from panel to bell using a short length of 6 core cable , it will work.
On some older panels the internal siren output carries on after the external bell timeout , so can be used for the strobe.

Sponsored Links
Hi ,
Try the connections from panel to bell using a short length of 6 core cable , it will work.
On some older panels the internal siren output carries on after the external bell timeout , so can be used for the strobe.

Denford

Followed your suggestions and am happy to report that everything is working as it should.

New box now attached and working, thanks very much for your time and sound advice.
Regards
Dave
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back