Help with Accenta G4

Ok - I have done exactly as instructed above and connected the power tonight to set the system up. I connected the power, alarm went off, entered code and silenced. Closed panel to set tamper. audible click heard. I have managed to set the time, zone 1 and 2 marked used the rest as not used, changed user 1 code and user 2 code etc etc. What am I doing wrong? I now have a "tamper fault" lockout and have no idea? I only have the door magnet and one PIR connected as per my previous pictures. Pics below of LCD keypad and panel etc

Attachments

• IMG_4708.JPG
    IMG_4708.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4709.JPG
    IMG_4709.JPG
    388.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4667.JPG
    IMG_4667.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4668.JPG
    IMG_4668.JPG
    301.4 KB · Views: 85
Sponsored Links
Ok one step at a time ....take out the tamper wire and fit a link ....does it clear after fitted lid and pressing reset ...If not ( if so this is your problem )
Take out the keypad tamper fit link ..does it clear as above ....if not
Fit link on bell scb black and white ( leave cables in ) if not ....faulty panel ......if so your bellbox is either not wired correct or tamper switch not closed

Well I never - its only WORKING!!!

Linked the tamper circuit - no joy
Linked the keypad tamper - fault disappeared!
Removed keypad fascia, checked tamper spring - kept pressed in when removed from wall - fault disappeared.

It would seem that the keypad tamper spring was not compressed enough when keypad fascia fitted to back plate. A little tlc and its all sorted.

Now to tidy the wires in the panel - my OCD is getting the better of me lol

Thank you so much for your help and advice.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back