Updating PIR to Honeywell IC312

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to update my old Honeywell Pirs to the new IC312 and trying to understand how to connect the exsisting 6 wire PIR to the IC312
My existing connection are blue and yellow Alarm zone, Green and white are Tamper, Red and Black are +ve and -Ve
On the new PIR we have -V, +V, T2, T1,NC, C,
I have connected Red and Black to +V, -V, and presume that blue and yellow (Alarm zone) connect to T1,T2 but unsure how the tamper (Green and white) are connected
Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
No, alarm zone is c and nc. Tamper t1 and t2. Both these circuits are just normally closed switches.

Thank you for tour reply much appreciated so :-

-V black,
+V red,
NC Blue, Zone
C Yellow, Zone

so not sure about the Tamper connections are these T1, T2
Thank you

Yes, as above: Tamper t1 and t2. The 'T' stands for Tamper.

The terminals are directly connected to a switch on the sensor. When the lid is on, that switch closes. It's the same for the detector circuit. It's a relay, which is a switch. Normally that switch is closed when no movement is detected. When there's movement, the switch opens.

There's no polarity on these connections, Ie. it doesn't matter which way round the green and white go. The same for the blue and yellow.

Sponsored Links
Hi
Many thanks all working now your help was much appreciated
kind regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back