Change alarm door contact with PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have had my garage converted and want to replace the old door contact with a PIR. Below is a picture of the old contact wires are left to right red, blue, yellow, black their is also a white and green wire not connected to anything at either end.
I am looking at this as the red and black zone? Blue and yellow tamper? White and green will be power supply +ve and -ve?

So if that is correct the new PIR has two T connections these will be blue and yellow tamper?
N connection and C connection these will be zone connections red and black, does it matter which way round they go at the PIR?
+ve -ve will be power supply to PIR as door contacts doesn't need power hence not connected. So I connect these to the PIR and repeat at the control panel +ve -ve aux, making sure correct way round of course.

Can anyone confirm this is correct or help.
Thanks,
Darren.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back