Texecom R8 Veritas alarm puzzle??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help me troubleshoot a fault with a Veritas R8 alarm system? I am completely stumped.

I recently moved into a property with a standalone system fitted to the detached garage consisting of one control panel, one PIR set as zone 2, one keypad and one external strobe/siren. The problem is I can not activate the system without the alarm sounding.

The symptoms are as follows: enter code number on keypad, the control panel omits a repeating double bleep for approx 30 seconds, then a single bleep for a further period of time and then the external siren sounds. During the period between entering the code and the siren sounding the PIR is not activated. Upon cancelling the alarm using the code it is zone 2 that is shown to have activated the alarm.

The PIR seems to work as expected (red light detects motion) and I have conducted a walk test successfully. I have also checked that zone two is programmed as 'entry/exit'

I thought I had determined that the single PIR was faulty as a) I first linked it out at the control panel, then b) linked it out at the PIR (twisted red and black wires together) - both of these tests allowed the system to set indicating that the PIR was faulty.

I replaced the PIR with an identical one but I still have the problem but with a subtle difference, the siren now sounds after the 30s of double bleeps - no single bleeps follow the double bleeps.

It should be noted that the control panel does not have the 12v battery fitted but I doubt this is contributing to the problem.

Can anyone offer any advise as to why I cannot activate the alarm system in the normal manner?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Sponsored Links
User error I doubt - I have exactly the same system in the house and I manage to operate that successfully.

Thanks sparkymarka, I will try and check for shorts - although it may be beyond my skill set.

Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
just get a length of 6 core cable and re wire pir near the panel and try to set it and see if fault is still there, that will be the best thing to do.

Problem seems to be solved and system is now working.

I decided to try and understand as best I could the wiring connections at the control panel. I noticed that the green power wire to from the PIR was not connected to the negative terminal adjacent to the white positive terminal but instead to a 'SW+' contact.

I tried, using the manual, to understand the purpose of this 'SW' connection but could not fully understand the function (had a bit of play with the settings but no success) therefore I swapped the green wire onto the positive terminal. Checked system and it armed and activated when the PIR detected me :)

Thanks for the advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back