Adding a MCR-308 to a Veritas 8C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m trying to fit a Visonic MCR-308 wireless receiver to my existing wired alarm (Veritas 8 Compact), I’m coming up against two problems:

· On the alarm panel for each zone there are two terminals the door switch and panic button have two wires going into their zones, which makes sense, however the PIRs only have one wire per zone going into the right-hand terminal which didn’t make sense as the PIRs have four wires the two power wires and the two alarm wires, obviously the power for each PIR is fed from the same terminals on the panel (AUX), for the alarm wires at first I thought maybe one of the pair were joined from each PIR and then returned to the panel like common negative return or a common feed, but I can’t see anything like this in the manual or while looking at the panel, can anyone explain how this works?

· The other problem is on the MCR-308 wireless expansion module has four zones for each of the zones there is only one terminal which goes back to the panel!? I have wired zone 1 on the MCR-308 to zone 6 on the panel, however it permanently shows as being active, so clearly this isn’t right.

For me the missing factor is that there should be a second wire coming from the MCR-308 to create the alarm circuit to the panel, but the only other terminals are TAMP INACT L.BAT JAMM (Outputs 1234) and ARM there is also the 12v -+ and COM DATA but I believe the COM DATA is for expansion modules.

I suppose the question is how do I wire this up!?

Thanks,

Rick

Sponsored Links
Post a picture .... it may be missing the relay board pcb !

Thanks for the response Sparky. Damn! Image is attached, it came with a square relay, which you can see taped up in the picture, the manual for the MCr-308 doesnt mention a relay though, maybe I can reuse what came with it? it was a Raylex elec leg-12

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 219
IMG_2672.PNG
The ones I've seen come with a multi relay card that fills the lefthand side of the radio receiver !

Sponsored Links
Rip it out mate and fit a British made alarm system Pyronix or Texecom last year my company ripped out 43 Visonic panels and put them in the bin...

You either can't ....or didn't read the post .....it's a radio add on to a texecom panel ....

yes you are very correct while eating my domino's and watching the start of the football I have posted to the wrong post! but its still a Visonic same ..... put it in the bin.........

Haha thanks both, I'm only fitting it to save money, I'll replace it at some point with another system I just wanted to extend the alarm for as little as possible without runnng cables in, I think I'm going to fit the relay that came with it and see if I can get it working off that, as it's just a single relay I'll probably have to put the other sensor on a sub zone of zone 1.

Can either of you recommend an alarm system that offers an app that works well and is secure, when I replace it I want wired sensors, I'm sure when I looked Pyronix offered some sort of add on for it?

The pyronix app( 46 panel ) hardwired plus radio expansion is much easier to use than the texecom app , less buggy but it will cost you after the first year

https://www.pyronix.com/uk/home-security/

Pyronix every time for us from ..... 2 bed flat to a government office with 54 sensors a mix of hard wire and Wire Free (radio) with CSL Coms and app for customers fantastic, you want be on here asking for help again (that's in a nice way!) but fire away, dont for get the mobile app you can install CCTV on it as well!!!

Thanks Jay. From my bit of reasearch it seemed like the better system and both of you have recommended it as well. Thanks both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back