Accenta G3 Optima Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The electricity went off earlier today and now all the lights on the alarm are on and I can't reset it - when I press any of the buttons it does nothing/no sound etc

Any ideas what the problem is ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How old is the system?
When was backup battery last replaced?
Have you got the mains power backto the unit?

Theres been nothing else other than the power cut

Most likely just the battery

But want to make sure theres no underlying fault.

I have known batteries on some panels go down because the transformer has started to go after a prolonged power cut and doesnt have enough umph to keep the panel and or battery but its not as common as the battery.

Its also more common for battery problems to screw up the panel at the bottom end at the higher end panels tend to show a battery fault but the panel functions okay.

Is that just me, because if thats the case then may be the manufacturers can smarten the panels up a bit with batteries at the bottom end?

Sponsored Links
It's because most higher end control panels disconnect the battery if it falls below a set voltage, the smaller cheaper domestic panels don't.

so the manufacturers have the technology which realistically is pennies at the manufacturing stage.

So come on Manufacturers make the little ones more resilient.

Yes but we are talking pennies in manufactring and intial redesign maybe a few quid to start with.

Hey an ideal world it aint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back