Accenta G4 mini alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

New to the site need a little help installed a Accenta G4 mini with LED remote keypad, I've got the keypad located in the Hall when I set the alarm I have to walk through the Kitchen to exit the property, am I right in thinking that I will need to set up exit / entry times for the Hall and Kitchen. If so can anyone on here tell me how to do it.

Second bit of help I don't use Zone 8 will I need to take this zone out of the system if so any info on how to do this will be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Fred

Sponsored Links
TBH the manual isn't the easiest to understand without having the panel in front of me so it might be a matter of trying it out.

Not much help there!

The first question is do you have magnetic contact on the exit door or are you relying on PIRs?

If you have a contact then that will be used to trigger entry / exit set on final door. So in this case the hall and kitchen can be zone inhibit.

If you are using just PIR to detect intrusion then the hall could be zone inhibit with kitchen on entry exit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks For the replies guy's honda that link does nothing ? if it's the Engineer's manual I already have that but to be honest I can't make head nor tail of it.

EightyTwo not a clue what RTFM means that's a bit like the Engineer's manual hard to understand.

Deryck thanks for the reply you're right the manual is so hard to understand would be easier if I'd got the LCD keypad.

Right Deryck got no magnetic contact on exit door I'm relying on PIR's.

This is where I get lost don't know what zone inibit is.

Fred

Looking at the manual Zone 2 is already configured as a zone inhibit, so you could connect the kitchen to Zone 1 on the entry timer and the hall to Zone 2 and not have to change the programming for those zones.

Zone Inhibit or Walk through allows the user to pass through a protected area ONLY if the timed zone has been triggered first. In this case the alarm will not respond until the timer has completed. If the Inhibit Zone is triggered BEFORE the timed zone then the alarm will trigger immediately.

Okay Deryck I think I understand now so the Kitchen has to be timed and the Hall Inibit no problem in changing the zones around BUT........ in zone 1 is my Garage side door that I've fixed magnetic contact. Will this be okay to move only somewhere in the manual I think I read magnetic contact to go into zone 1??

Fred

It is normal to use a magnetic contact to start / terminate entry exit timers, rather than rely on PIR. This makes the detection more reliable. It is also convention to have Zone 1 on the entry exit route such as the front door.

The garage contact can go anywhere else. My garage is on the last two zones on my panel.

Okay Thanks for all the help Deryck will change to zones around at the weekend and let you know how I get on fingers crossed.

Fred

Hi Deryck

Okay had a little time on my hands so I changed the zones around the entrance/kitchen is now zone 1 the Hall (where keypad is located) is zone 2 and i moved garage side door to zone 3.

Set alarm and went outside for a couple of minutes came back in and all was well in the kitchen but when I got to the hall as soon as the PIR picked me up before I got to the keypad the alarm went off, any idea's ???

Regards

Fred

you need the pir to be on the inhibit zone type. if its on the entry route after the entry door.

Hi Secureiam

Bear with me the entrance into our house is PIR no magnet contact and the same for the hall where the keypad is located I've got the entrance PIR on timed and the hall PIR on Inhibit, hope you can understand

Fred

okay no door contact, always better to have a door contact than a pir but no worries.

need to double check your programming.

if the door opens and entrance pir starts the entrance timer (thats correctly programmed)

if the hall pir goes into alarm with the entry tone sounding, then the pir is not
on inhibited.

What you've said is correct the door opens and the entrance PIR starts entrance timer but goes wrong when I enter the hall I'll check the zone again but I'm sure it was set on Inhibit and I'll test it again tomorrow can't test at moment to many people in the house.

Will let you know how I get on and thanks for all the help it is much appreciated

Fred

Okay Secureiam

Re-checked and re-set the zones 1 and 2 and all is well alarm working fine the only problem that I'm left with is the magnetic door contact is not working for the garage side door will check the magnetic contact with continuity tester and if all's fine with the contact I will then check the cable to the alarm panel.

If you have any input to this please tell me if I need to check anything else. Thanks for all your help and also a big thank you to Deryck Tintagel for his help and advice.

Fred

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back