Accenta G4 Mini Fire Zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. This is my first post so please bear with me!!

About a year ago I installed an accenta g4 system in my scout hall (I am a scout leader and offered to install it to replace an ancient system we had). I am not an electrician but am generally quite good at working out things like this!!

The system currently only uses 4 zones out of the 8 available (1 door contact and 3 PIR’s) but we’ve been doing a bit of work on the premises so I now need to install an additional door sensor (new fire escape) and I am also planning to install a couple of smoke detectors on zones 7 & 8.

Can anyone please advise whether:
a) I can connect the door contact to zone 5. The current one is connected to zone 1 but I want the fire exit one to be on a different zone so I can set it to chime if the door is opened.
b) What type of smoke detector do I need to use? There seem to be so many and such a variance in price!!

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

Sponsored Links
Yes you can program the zone 5 as a normal alarm zone or as a 24 hr zone , so as an internal alarm is sounded if the door is opened while the system is unset.
Have a look at the Texecom Exodus range of smoke / heat detectors.
Please seek professional advise if unsure.

A word of caution...

I would be careful with regards to connecting smoke detectors to an intruder alarm panel in a non-domestic premises. There may be a legal requirement for a seperate fire alarm system installed to BS5839 depending on occupancy levels of the premises etc. In my opinion I would strongly recommend keeping the fire detection seperate to the intruder alarm, as if it comes to it, it could be your backside on the line should anything untoward happen.

It's one thing fitting an intruder alarm, but life safety is an entirely different issue, and the concequence of getting it wrong don't bare thinking about.

Thanks. We do have a seperate fire alarm but I wanted to install a couple of smoke detectors to the intruder system as it has a dialler which calls me in the event of an alarm.

A word of caution...

I would be careful with regards to connecting smoke detectors to an intruder alarm panel in a non-domestic premises. There may be a legal requirement for a seperate fire alarm system installed to BS5839 depending on occupancy levels of the premises etc. In my opinion I would strongly recommend keeping the fire detection seperate to the intruder alarm, as if it comes to it, it could be your backside on the line should anything untoward happen.

It's one thing fitting an intruder alarm, but life safety is an entirely different issue, and the concequence of getting it wrong don't bare thinking about.

Sponsored Links
Your fire panel will have a set of auxiliiary fire contacts that go open/closed in alarm. You can use these to trigger an input on the dialer. A much better option in my opinion.

OK, thanks - I wasn't aware of that. Our fire alarm is maintained by a company so will ask them about it on their next visit.

Your fire panel will have a set of auxiliiary fire contacts that go open/closed in alarm. You can use these to trigger an input on the dialer. A much better option in my opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back