Accenta G4 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a digicom connected to a accenta G4 mini via the communicator outputs When the alarm first triggers it sends a channel 3 like normal, however after the bell time of 3 minutes the systems rearms, I then triggered another detector but it doesn't re trigger the digi this is beacuse the output stays at 0v until the panel is unset then it returns to 12v. I think this is a bit bad as if you cant get back to reset your alarm for 2 weeks you will never know if its triggered again. I tried connecting it to the bell negative this is marked as B on the panel. However it doesn't trigger the digi. There is no external bell connected would this stop it triggering the input. :?:

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I have a digicom connected to a accenta G4 mini via the communicator outputs When the alarm first triggers it sends a channel 3 like normal, however after the bell time of 3 minutes the systems rearms, I then triggered another detector but it doesn't re trigger the digi this is beacuse the output stays at 0v until the panel is unset then it returns to 12v. I think this is a bit bad as if you cant get back to reset your alarm for 2 weeks you will never know if its triggered again. I tried connecting it to the bell negative this is marked as B on the panel. However it doesn't trigger the digi. There is no external bell connected would this stop it triggering the input. :?:

Thanks for your help
Alarms are designed that way.

That's why you are supposed to have 2x key holders within 20min travel time with their own transport.

To what ARC is your digi connected? I'm surprised your alarm company was able to get this connection without the above.

its currently connected to National just waiting for renewal date so i can terminate and connect it through to my work

Its on my nans house, it has 2 key holders me as one of them. I only live on next street so not far away.

On my house i use a keyholding company

So how will your work change the way the panel works?
You can have it to constantly reset, but you will loose the confirmed.

Again you show no understanding of systems.
Also about ARC`s as you have shown before.

What do you actually wish to achieve ?
Then we can help rather than stand back and wonder.

Sponsored Links
So how will your work change the way the panel works?
You can have it to constantly reset, but you will loose the confirmed.

Again you show no understanding of systems
Also about ARC`s as you have shown before.

What do you actually wish to achieve ?
Then we can help rather than stand back and wonder.

My work will not change the way the panel works i will just get my discounted price, I did want to connect it to the bell trigger so every time its triggered it would send a channel 3, But it didn't work. I thought it may not have triggered due to the fact there is no bell connected ?

The Accenta G4 doesn't have a confirmed output so this is not a problem,
The system is on key holder response only,

How can you have it to constantly reset ?

I cannot see why the bell trigger will not activate the digi.
You have the negatives rails commoned ?
The input set to a negative?

What make is the digi?
Who "blew" the chip, as a lot come from a ARC the wrong way around.......who is the ARC?

I cannot see why the bell trigger will not activate the digi.
You have the negatives rails commoned ?
The input set to a negative?

What make is the digi?
Who "blew" the chip, as a lot come from a ARC the wrong way around.......who is the ARC?

May sound daft but what do you mean by negative rails commoned ?

The input is set to negative yes, I just took the wire out if the intruder output these are positive removed and placed in to the bell - trigger, But when i did a bell test it didn't trigger the digi.

The make is a sensor technologies AV digicom without the audio just using as a normal digi.

There is no chip i programmed it myself using a telephone handset & special adapter. It works fine with the communicator outputs just strange that it doesn't work with the bell trigger. Currently with National.

Try positive removed rather than negative for the trigger input.
Easy error to make when learning.
Who runs the ARC?

Try positive removed rather than negative for the trigger input.
Easy error to make when learning.
Who runs the ARC?

Hi Alarm,

Yes its programmed as positive removed.
I'm not sure who runs it as i send everything to a admin email address. I think the owner is called David. I Know Northern Monitoring used to use there building but then they relocated to a brand new building down the road

These the ones you were on about before?
Allowing incorrect resets?

NSI links fail to load.
UKAS is just their front page.
LPCB is a non registered link.

Not a fully registered and defined ARC is it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back