Accenta G4 System will not set - help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay - after lots of help from here I finally got everything installed and thought I had it sorted - sadly no!

I went to set the alarm for the first time today and it just wont set? I enter the code in the keypad and the display then changes to "program 1 set" , which according to the manual is correct, it should then beep for 30 seconds and set itself. It doesn't set it just stays as "program 1 set" and continues to beep?

What have I done wrong? System as follows:

zone 1 door contact
zone 2 pir
no faults on system
program 1 chosen
timer delay on entry and exit of 30 seconds
zones 2-8 unused in program

I can only think I have done something wrong on the programming side?

Attachments

• IMG_4713.JPG
    IMG_4713.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 918
Sponsored Links
The keypad is in my workshop right next to roller door. When I enter code to set alarm but stay in the workshop it will not set it just continuously beeps. When I open the roller door to leave the lcd display then changes to "setting fault front door"

Roller door is zone 1
pir zone 2

Its about a simple a system as you could get? I just want to set the alarm, have 30 seconds to leave and it sets. It must be the programming, I cant work out what I have done wrong?

I have tried setting as per the above user manual screen shot with no joy?

Sponsored Links
Sparkymarka - does this pic help? Top left pir - bottom right door contact. This all that I have in my workshop . Just spent the last hour trying to set the alarm and failed miserably. Entry and exit is roller door.

How exactly should I program the panel?

Attachments

• IMG_4714.JPG
    IMG_4714.JPG
    269.9 KB · Views: 206
IMG_1687.PNG
Haven't used an optima/ accenta for about 20 years ....lol
As default in manual it should work! But not sure what else you have altered in the programming
Default panel as per page 17 and try to set it with 0123 see if that sets ok

Ill go and reset to default - just to check the "set" is at the very top of the board and the "left pa" is at the end of the zone connections at the bottom? link those and then powe back up, wait for alarm, power down replace wires i any removed (there isnt on mine as nothing in set or pa)

I have reset to default - all I have then changed are code 1 and code 2 and set the time and date. When I enter the code to set the alarm the panel just continually beeps and will not set????

I'm getting somewhere - reset to default again (no changes at all) and tried to set the system - same problem, would not set. Went into programming and marked zone 2 (PIR) not used - tried again and system sets perfectly with just zone 1 (door contact)

What is it about the PIR on zone that is causing it to not set?
Does zone 2 need specific settings?

Zone 2 should be defaulted to timed inhibit, but best to check. Did you put links in the other zones, or set them as unused in the programming, and have you done a walk test yet.

Ok then ...so it's not the fuse ....from pictures on other thread all looks ok ....default for zone 2 is time inhibit....either faulty detector or cable / wires on white and blue , have you not stripped it back and it's clamped on the insulation at either the panel or the pir check both .... next set zone back to inhibit and twist the blue and white together in the pir , try to set system

Ill check and report back tomorrow. Had to leave and get back home. - links in all other 8 zones (see pic) but I do intend to mark then unused in the programming. Walk test works fine' open door and 0 under zone 1 changes to a 1, move around and 0 under zone 2 changes to a 1.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back