Accenta issue on setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

i've moved into a newly renovated flat with a Honeywell Accenta alarm fitted.

the unit has the LCD display.

Upon setting the alarm, it sets ok does the countdown etc, but when the countdown ends, it sounds the bell box outside?

Suffice to say it's not making me popular with the neighbours!

Any ideas why it's doing this? I've looked through the engineer's manual and the user manual, but can't figure it out.

(system is set up with two door contacts, three PIRs and panic switch)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It goes off for about 5 seconds. Display just suggests its set

May have got the SET terminal connected on bell box ( depending on model) or set confirmed turned on ( depending on panel ) in other words it gives you a set tone on arming system.

Sponsored Links
sounds like the bell - (negative) is wired to the strobe - and they have the strobe comfirmation of arm programmed.

Thanks, that would make sense.

So, is there any way to disable the confirmation of arm? Or does a wire need to be changed?

recommend changing the wires as if your alarm sounds it wont stop till you disarm. it can be turned of but thats pointless if its wired wrong due to what will happen above.

Ok thanks, i'll take a look and try and see what i can do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back