Accenta Optima zone 2 not immediate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
First time posting on the forum and I must thank contributors who have helped me sort out alarm problems shared with others.

I have an LED Accenta/Optima Gen 4 and all the setting up from the Engineers Manual has gone well.
My system is very simple
2 zones
Front door zone 1 (With 20 secs delay entry and exit)
A couple of PIR’s in series zone 2
I have a delay of approx 20 secs on my PIR zone 2 when activated which I want to make immediate.
Can’t work out how!!
I tried rewiring and resetting to zone 3 which is an immediate zone but when I do this the front door “entry” (Zone 1) goes to immediate as well.
I’m puzzled
David

Sponsored Links
Thanks Libby Lou Lou (great name btw)
I had had a look at p36 earlier today and had carried out a check but my zone 2 was not showing lit up therefore, I guess, not timed. zone 1 was lit though which was expected.
I think your call was a good one and a totally logical way of getting the immediate action from zone 2 that I’m looking for but it doesn’t seem to do it for me.
Hmmmmm!

Woke up this morning with what I think is a solution.
I think the Honeywell logic is that the zones have to be used in a sequence (zone 1, zone2, zone 3) and if you skip a zone (zone 1, blank, zone3) then it seems to screw things up.
So if I bridge zone 2 and put my PIR into zone 3 (which is an immediate zone) and of course make it a used zone, then the system, and me, should be happy.
I’ll try it when the neighbours are awake.

Sponsored Links
I would default the programming and start again.

First of all its not a great idea on a panel with multipul zones to cram everything on a single zone, even if its possible.

Unless there is no other way, one device one zone is always the recommendation.

It may help if you look at the flow diagrams on programming and program default values.

Without knowing which ones are where in the property, wrt to the entry route and elsewhere its difficult to advise you on how the panel should be programmed.

Thanks secureiam
Agree with you not to cram. I’ve only got 2 PIR’s (in series) and even if I separated them I think one would be on on zone 2 and thus not immediate. The one on zone 3 would be ok.
I feel I’m missing something and will study the flow diagram again as you advise.
I do recall another posting where someone had a similar problem and for some reason was not using zone 2.
Thanks again
David

page 37 is saying (to me) that zone 2 is inhibited, you need to go to programme 3, to inhibit or uninhibit your zones....if that makes any sense...

Thanks
Must admit I’m confused by the terms inhibit/uninhibit so I kind of ignored p37.
So for me wanting “immediate” on zone 2 do I want a LED light on or off when in the 3=Inhibit Zone.
Cheers
David

Bingo!
Zone 2 Inhibit Zone was lit so I “unlit” it
and I now have “immediate” zone 2
Thank you so much and to sucureiam for advise.
Cheers, what a great forum!
David

Ah spoke to soon
Zone 1 front door entry has gone back to immediate

Just implemented the idea above that I woke up with and it works.
I feel it’s a “codge”
but it works, so all is well I guess.
Thanks to all
David

Default the panel.
Default settings are
Zone 1 Timed
Zone 2 inhibit
Zone 3-8 immediate
This will give you the settings you want.
A inhibit zone will allow you to walk from front door timed circuit through hall inhibit circuit to keypad /Panel during an unsettling function.
If you do not start the entry timer then an inhibit zone is instant.

Thanks Handymanjo
As you see I posted my “codge” at the same time as your professional solution.
I’ve woken enough neighbours up this afternoon so will stay with my “codge” for the time being.
Thanks
David

Handymanjo
In my excitement in finding a “cure” I didn’t give your posting the consideration it deserved.
I hadn’t realised the quite clever “Inhibit” functionality of zone 2 and since my panel is next to the front door, I never considered the case where the panel might be in a PIR area which as installers you guys must find to “inhibit” to be an essential requirement.
So thanks for your explanation which I’m sure other DIY’ers like me will find useful in trying to understand p37

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back