Access to tap washer of this thing?

Sponsored Links
Undo the shroud and see if there is enough room to undo the tap head with a thin spanner.

Andy

Sponsored Links
You should just be able to pull up on the handle and it comes off, you may need to tap it as it might be stuck on. Have you tried to unscrew the shroud? A pair of grips and a wet cloth over the shroud may move it.

Update: I have tried to hitting tap handle gently but it refuses to budge. I have squirted some wd40 into the worm screw hole and will wait a couple of hours for it to soak in.

I can undo shroud but the tap handle needs to come off before it can be removed.

Update: Cannot shift tap handle after soaking in oil.

I tried the other tap, and it cannot be removed either. Taps have not been touched in 12years, so could they be rusted/welded together?

Don't know what else to do, I don't want to hit it too hard with the hammer for fear of breaking something.

Remove the tap from the basin then you can be more brutal!

Managed to dismantle tap a bit more but stuck again!

Washer doesn't simply lift out. I have removed the screw at the very top of the spindle but doesn't help me remove washer.

If anyone knows how to get the washer out I would be grateful and will post more pics for future people to see and learn from.

The tap handle

The shroud

The spindle

Lifting up the retaining nut and nut housing

Lifting up the retaining nut and nut housing

Lifting up the retaining nut and nut housing (this is as far as it lifts!)

I have put tap back together as I cannot figure out how to dissemble it anymore :evil: .

However spindle can now be pushed down, and when it is, water leaks up the sides of the spindle onto the bath top! I will probably have to replace this cr*p with a new mixer tap. But I will ask for a demo of how to change the washer before buying to make sure it's not some bizarre cr*p like this one LOL !

This is such a poorly design tap I wish I'd never bought it in the first place.
I would love to know the maker so I could avoid them like the plague. There are some white stickers on the bottom of the 3 hole mixer one says "KAB be" the other one says "KAB Sch".

If anyone knows the maker please tell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back