access to threads I have posted in?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi is there a quick way to access all the threads that I have posted in?
(if not please make one).

Currently I have to p1$$ around going to my profile then a few more clicks - there should be a simple 1 click solution from clicking on my name in the top right etc.

Sponsored Links
Hi is there a quick way to access all the threads that I have posted in?
(if not please make one).

Currently I have to p1$$ around going to my profile then a few more clicks - there should be a simple 1 click solution from clicking on my name in the top right etc.

There used to be an option to do this in years gone by, seems to have disappeared though.

You can click on the post count under your username to get to a list of your posts, but in terms of threads not a direct link currently. Do you mean threads you started or any thread you were involved in?

any threads Im involved in.
My current rout is:
click on my name top right, select "your profile page", choose the "postings" tab.
A very convoluted path.

Can you make it easier please?
I'd suggest a "your postings" link in the popout when you mouse over your username top right.
It can be fitted just above or under "your conversations"...

Showing any thread that I have posted in.

Why?
Because not all threads are followed so not so easy to get to, not so easy to remember the title - but sometimes its nice/handy to go back to some that you posted in to see if there are further replies.

Sponsored Links
yes, but what point is that?
First I'd have to watch all the threads I post into and don't want to have to keep doing that on all.
Watched threads is something different entirely.

A simple link to my posts (ISTR it actually does a search for my posts) is all.
The same page that's currently a PITA to get to.

some that you posted in to see if there are further replies.

It says:

"Unread Watched Threads
This is a list of the 25 most recently updated threads with unread replies that you are watching. There may be more to view."

if you post on a thread it is added to your watched list so it comes up with that button. The list it shows you is threads that have posted on, or watched, that have had a reply (most recent first) that you haven't yet read.

if you look at a list of all your posts it won't tell you which of them have a reply that you haven't seen.

As above John, watched threads are something completely different as I'd have to have watched them in the first place.
And I can tell if someone has posted in a thread after me, either because it's unread or because there is a post after mine as seen on the r/h side.

any threads Im involved in.
My current rout is:
click on my name top right, select "your profile page", choose the "postings" tab.
A very convoluted path.

Can you make it easier please?

I'd suggest a "your postings" link in the popout when you mouse over your username top right.
It can be fitted just above or under "your conversations"...

Showing any thread that I have posted in.

Why?
Because not all threads are followed so not so easy to get to, not so easy to remember the title - but sometimes its nice/handy to go back to some that you posted in to see if there are further replies

that is the way it already works, see "Your Content" 4 below "Conversations".

or are you wanting that link nearer the top to save the effort of moving the mouse down 10mm ?

What do you see when you try it?

I get this, can't see any that I have posted on if I'm not watching them.

upload_2020-1-2_10-4-53.png

that is the way it already works, see "Your Content" 4 below "Conversations".

If I click on "Conversations" I get 8 results and if I click on "Your Content" I get 150. I've posted much more than that.

Ah, I must have a different setting in my Preferences.

Tick "Automatically watch threads...."

Tick "Automatically watch threads...."

Out of interest I've just tried that but still nothing, although I don't really need the feature anyway. Perhaps it will just take effect for posts from now onwards.

I'll check again later.

FGS John!
I dont want to have to watch every thread I post in.
This is simply a request to put an existing forum link somewhere that is easier to use.

Sponsored Links
Back