Getting a weird forum prob...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the last few days i have been getting this problem...

i open diynot and i am logged in.
i click on any forum.... flooring etc and i see that it trys to load and in the address bar i get the address of that forum but the site stays on diynot.com/forums/ main page...
i can click any sub forum and it looks like its loading but stays on the main page.
sometime it lets me in then i'm fine from then on other times not at all..
i got to here by click on the last post link which got me to the post then i can goto that forum clicking at the top of the post i am at...

running firefox, have the explorer add-on and is the same in that...

hope that makes sense..
dunno if its me thats all... doesn't do it on any other forums.

Sponsored Links
That's odd, it could be related to the speed issue mentioned in the other topic, I'm looking into what can be done to improve performance of the site :)

just came on to see if there was a reply...

and again would just sit on the front page of the forum...
tried clicking my 'view in IE tab' button on firefox...
pops up with an error that IE cannot onpe this site..
go back to view in firefox click here and there still no luck.
click on the ' Building Regulations and Planning Permission.' link at the top of the forum and i can get to that forum... click forum index yup it works then click forum info and woot here i am..

its like it does want to let me in until there is space on the server or summat, i get out of the loop it gets stuck in then its ok from then...

running very slow today for me..
it's not my end because other forums and websites I frequent load as fast as usual..

still having problems with some google adds too..

and I occasionally get a blank page when clicking on a forum topic.. it goes to the page, load the banners and the adds, but the forum bit is missing,
hit reload and it comes up fine..

Sponsored Links
I'm having the same problems as those listed above, as well as this keeps happening:

DIYnotbroken.jpg

All other websites seem ok.

It's happening again..
goes to a thread page but doesn't load the forum bit of the screen, just the site navigator bar at the top and the banner ad's..
clicking on refresh cures it..

Think it's down to simultaneous site requests, such as more than a given number of people trying to do the same thing (such as reply) at the same time and the site can only process one thing at a time. Thus it creates a faulty queue.

I have made some changes to the server which will hopefully improve performance, please let me know if you notice anything unusual.

:)

Sponsored Links
Back