Auto Login and Logout!!!

Sponsored Links
Sorted and no log in problems.:D

Thanks to you and D Hailsham as this log in issue has been driving me mad for quite a while!

Sponsored Links
What version of AVG do you have? Has it installed the Toolbar?
Version 8.0.93
Toolbar is installed
DIYnot said:
Is that the free one?
Sorry not to reply earlier; the computer was hijacked by my son for most of yesterday evening!

The answer to you question is: No. It's the full works version which I have on a month's trial before I have to shell out some cash.

I tried several racks to solve the problem such as turning off the AVG Active Surf-Shield and Search Shield, but neither of these had any effect.

I then wondered if it was anything to do with which page I was logging on from (the plumbing forum home page), so opened up the www.diynot.com home page and clicked on the login button in My DIYnot (top right of page)

This took me to the login page where I ticked the remember me box and logged in.

Since then everything has been OK. The usr_data cookie shows a data a year ahead and I get auto logged on when I open my short cut.

I don't know why; but a least the problem has been solved :D

I am tonight having to use a different computer to the one I normally use, and the forum has started booting me out periodically.

I do not want this computer to remember my details, as it is used by other people.

I'm using IE

Is there anything I can do, or do I just have to lump it

(On a side note, poeple who know me, that's why I will not be on messenger for a while :()

In theory it should keep you logged in for the session or if you don't do anything for 1 hour. Does this sound about right? Is it logging you out sooner? :confused:

It's been ok for a bit now. Last time it did it, I was in the middle of reading a post when it breifly froze. The screen refreshed, and there I was all logged out :cry:

It's quite scary out there. I called out but no one came. I felt so alone....

Sponsored Links
Back