Auto Login and Logout!!!

I never log out and to access the forum I simply log in. Tonight, for some reason I couldn't get logged in, couldn't remember my password and had to go to the bother of resetting it. Why was this when I didn't, and never do, log out?

Sponsored Links
i blame admin for that.

every "so often" it happens to me, but I think its when there is an update of the forum that it does it. Today i came to DIYnot and no need to log in

I'm not sure, no updates have been made to the site in the last few weeks that would affect logins :confused:

Sponsored Links
Bolo, do you have any recently installed update software like for example AVG?

sorry to say this admin, but i have avg (free version) and that updates itself everyday, so it cant be that :cry:

WDIK, do you have toolbar installed also?

It's strange that it worked before the weekend, as no software has been changed that affects the login procedure.

Have you tried adding diynot.com to the 'Sites' tab, to see if that makes any difference?

I have a google tool bar thats all, I have 3 diynot tabs current.

Ive done nothing software wise apart from the auto avg update that occurs every day.

WDIK, can you add diynot.com to the allowed sites list in IE;

Tools > Internet Options, click on the Privacy tab, click the Sites button, type

diynot.com

into the 'Address of website:' box, then click Allow. It might not take effect until the next time you login (i.e. when the cookie is written), but I'd be interested to hear if that solves things.

done that :D

Rules Help Profile Register (Join FREE!) Login

Forum Index Bookmarks Watched Topics Search

I've had the same problem today, I've had to log in every time I open the forum, about 6-7 times so far :eek:

Add, I'm using Firefox.

It could be an update of some security software that has caused the cookies to be deleted when it has been doing a scan.

In Firefox, check what the cookie settings are for this sites cookies.

Open Firefox -> Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> In the Cookies box click Sho Cookies.
Scroll down the list to diynot.comand click the + sign.
I have four listings, click on each in turn and you can see the expiry date of that cookie:
diynotusr_data expires 28 May 2009
diynotusr_sid expires end of session
diynotusr_t expires end of session
diynotusr_data expires 11 May 2009

I have not had to log in today and have been on the site four times so one of the two data cookies must be responsible for not having to log in.
Check yours and also have a look in the Exceptions file of the Privacy Tab just in case any have been accidentally sent there.

Thank goodness breezer is on the case; Admin would be lost otherwise.

It would be quicker to replace the cable, BTW.

Sponsored Links
Back