Accidentally drilled clear through my concrete floor...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So I accidentally drilled through my concrete floor down stairs twice... Will this be a problem? I was installing some anchor bolts which are now in the holes but Im just a bit concerned I may have potentially damaged some sort of damp proofing or something. Should I be worried?

For info I drilled through the concrete floor of my house with 2 x 12mm holes, now filled with the anchor bolts. Clearly there is a void about 100 - 120mm under the concrete floor, I assume for pipework and the like.

Any info would be much appreciated.
chris

Sponsored Links
How deep did you drill?

If oil started coming up, youve gone too deep?

Newish house, maybe you drilled through screed and into the insulation?

I'd be OK if I struck oil :D Im not too sure as Im not too sure how the house was built. I live on a hill so I know there is a sizable void between my floor and the ground underneath. I didnt know there was insulation under concrete floors. Any builders know if its OK?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
OK, so I think my panic is over. I found a diagram of how the sub structure of my house was built. I remember them doing this when I would check to see how far they had got. I think you are right Notch7, I probably ended up in the insulation after the screed.
upload_2018-2-20_21-27-10.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back