Accidentally enabled lock function on Horman E2 Supramatic!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just been experimenting with using a manual button to open my E2 supramatic garage door by connecting wires to the push button terminals and touching them together. The method worked briefly, but now when I either try to use the manual buttons on the operator, or press the open button on my horman remote, I get a number 2 displayed on the screen with a flashing dot.
When I looked the error up in the manual, the solution it gave was to "Release the operator for the control elements". It seems like I have somehow enabled the lock function that you have access to if you connect one of Horman's own internal push buttons, which use the same terminals (like this one). Now I'm not sure how to unlock the operator again, as all I did in the first place was touch the wires together to simulate a button press, and I don't actually own the Horman push button!
Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I suppose you have tried the unplug have a cup of tea turn back on again technique?

Yep, tried that :)
I’m thinking it will probably be fine again if i factory reset it, however that would mean working out how to reprogram all of my remotes for it, and setting the limits again, so I would love to find another solution!

The limits and remotes are easy enough to program, but I seem to recall that doing a reset doesn't erase the remotes

Sponsored Links
Just reset it now and everything’s fine again, also you were right - only the limits needed reprogramming and all my remotes work still! Now I can work on getting it properly integrated into my smart home system!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back