Accumulator

D

DoItWell

I have been reading this forum and the idea of an accumulator appeals to me. Where is the best place, price is important, to buy one of these? About 100 litres.

thx

Sponsored Links
I hope you know how to size and commission a ACC !

100 li will not get most people very far!

Tony

I hope you know how to sixe and commission ab ACC !

I haven't a clue what you are on about.

100 li will not get most people very far!

Tony

It is for two showers off a combi. No bath. The pressure is 1.75 bar and 15 litres a minute flow. The accumulator should do it. I read here that a 100 litres accumulator will give 60 litres of storage. Is that OK for two showers off a Glow Worm 38CXI combi? The combi is fitted, failing to realise its potential because of the poor flow of the cold mains.

I want to have the accumulator serve only the showers.

Sorry there were two typing mistakes which I have now corrected.

As your mains supply already gives 15 li/min then just how much more capacity do you think your boiler has to heat water and from where do you derive that figure?

How long do you expect the 100 li accumulator to be able to augment the bare mains flow rate for?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry there were two typing mistakes which I have now corrected.

As your mains supply already gives 15 li/min then just how much more capacity do you think your boiler has to heat water and from where do you derive that figure?

How long do you expect the 100 li accumulator to be able to augment the bare mains flow rate for?

Tony

The boiler works fine when only doing hot water. When other cold taps are on the water rate drops. Two showers on together is rare. 60 litres cold water storage supplementing the cold mains should be fine for one shower. ok at a push with two but short showers then very low flow showers when the acumulator runs out. I want the shower not to be affected by other taps and the accumulator can do this according to this forum and the links given.

I intend to have the cold to each shower teed from the combi cold feed before the combi and have a check valve there just before the tees. after the check valve a pipe to the accumulator. all hot water in the house is off the accumulator with only the cold on the showers. That is a simple thing to do. If a cold tap is turned on in the kitchen the showers are not affected. These look like great way of geet decent flows at minium cost.

The question. Where can I buy an accumulator at a reasonable price?

Your boiler can only heat about 14 li/min but you might be aware of that. However, that will hardly be sufficient for supplying two showers together.

If I was designing your system then I would be assuming the accumulator would only supply about 40 li and asking you a lot of questions about your water useage and probably recommending a 200 li accumulator.

The first thing I would be doing is restricting the flow rate to the cold fed appliances to the minimum possible. It often surprises people just what a difference that can make.

The mains flow rate can often be improved by replacing stop cocks with full flow ball valves.

Tony

The combi does 15 litre a minute. Split, that gives 7.5 litres each and cold added to hat will give an acceptable shower. Only one on shower will a very good shower. A cold water accumulator store of 60 litres for the shower only which I understand supplements the mains. So the cold water will last longer than expected.

Ballofix valves will be on taps and toilets and turned down. A full bore valve is fitted on the mains pipe.

I think 60 litres of stored cold water will do one shower and two at reduced rate.

I just need to know where to buy one of these things at a reasonable cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back