Alternative accumulator Worcester 24i

hi1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Starting from the assumption that the original fit accumulator on my boiler has gone tits up, water from the pressurising valve, then can I fit another accumulator into the return flow side to the boiler. I plan to tee off the return in plastic with a full bore isolating valve before accumulator. I have been reading that there needs to be a check valve prior to the accumulator. If this is right do i have to put the accumulator on a loop rather than a tee and if so what do i need to attach the accumulator to, manifold?, because the ones i see only have the one inlet.

Sponsored Links
Having thought some more would i be looking at break into return with pushfit 90 bend -pipe - check valve-pipe- full bore isolating valve-pipe-pushfit tee with accumulator attached -pipe- full bore isolating valve- pipe back to return with push fit fitting.

What on earth are you on about ? Do you mean the expansion vessel inside the boiler ? Perhapse the pressure releif valve ?

If you mean what I think you mean STOP. Plastic within 1m of the boiler and nrv's on expansion vessels are both big no no's.

Sponsored Links
Yes sorry wrong word expansion vessel, not using plastic within a meter of boiler. Theres just something in the back of my mind that i've read recently about check valve being needed in circuit, i couldnt understand why as the pressure inside the expansion vessel would be needed for whole system not just return back to boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back